Candy Canes

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
At the last Christmas Kingdom "after Christmas sale" I picked up 12 candy canes - basically plastic tubes. They are about 900mm high and have nice spiral stripes around them.

Thought I would try with RGB flex strip inside. Ordered enough to put double sided but looks like one sided is enough as it reflects around inside the tube. Next step will be to integrate a small DMX dimmer and a garden stake into the bottom.

Candy-Cane3.gif Candy-Cane4.gif

dale82

Senior elf
Gee and I saw them at Christmas Kingdom and thought of doing that, then I second guessed it as I thought that it might look horrible, But WOW they look amazing! Well done :D

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Mine are Red/White ones from the local $2 shop, Ive just got White strip in them though as RGB wasnt that effective.
Been going strong for 2 seasons now :)

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have some of these but they have a string of white LEDs in them with the multifunction controller. Was going to cut that off and run them off the DC281130 controller this year but that still only gets me white light inside. Hadn't thought about putting strip in there and going for other colours. Might have to try it before putting in my order for next years additions.

inspector44

New elf
I put some dumb-9 sections- from 150 count LEDs in some milky white candy canes last year. I was quite pleased. Controlled them with some 27 channel boards.

Steve