Cant get an output using Ws2811 and LSP

livetoride

Full time elf
Hi guys, I wasn't sure what section to post this in so I thought Id try this one. Having some issues setting up my ECG-P12S. What I'm trying to get connected is get responsive in LSP is

Strip of rgb ws2811 - which i have working in LSP
One candy cane - Ws2811 with 30leds
One snow person - ws2811 with 30leds

Now I have no issues getting the strip to work/test in LSP but I cant say Im having the same luck with the others. Ive tried speeds of 3500, 2750, 2500, all to no avail. I have them plugged into the right parts of the controller. I currently have the first leds lit up on the candy cane but they wont register in LSP.

Ive tested both ends of each string to see if they are still getting current through them which they are. So any advice would be extremely appreciated as Ive been scratching my head over this for a few days! Thanks Daniel

CandyCane.jpg

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 29
  • SnowKid.jpg
    SnowKid.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Strip.jpg
    Strip.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 25
  • unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 24

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Daniel can I ask why you have them on different zones???

I have all my display on zone 1. that may be the issue

livetoride

Full time elf
To be honest Ben not entirely sure thought it may have been easier to sort of. I'll change them to zone one and see if that helps! Thanks for your response.

kane

Dedicated elf
Also a good first check is to enable test mode on the p12s, which will confirm that the board is outputting the correct protocol, and your lights are hooked up correctly (for example, there could be a wiring issue such as wires around the wrong way, or an orientation issue where you've hooked up the "output" of a string of pixels to the controller instead of the "input")

Then, deal with setting up the software side of things once this is confirmed all good.

We talked a couple years ago about a standalone single-output controller with an LCD and push buttons to test lights - this would be a great idea for this sort of thing..

livetoride

Full time elf
Thanks for all your help so far, I found to have had one broken prong on my dip switches on the controller which was causing one issue. Ive since installed a new one on there to fix that issue. I can get the rgb string to test as well as the candy canes but im still having issues with the snow people.

Im doing a bit of trouble shooting as we speak and ill report my findings. Thanks again Daniel

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,
Did u change to zone 1 ?
Also, not all your universes are enabled - is that deliberate ?
Why do u have the start at 16o for couple ?
What does your channel config in LSP look like ?

livetoride

Full time elf
Hi guys sorry about the absent nature of my replying Ive became a father since the last time I posted so lives been on damage control!

Here is the new settings I have, Ive manged since to get everything on the test sequence from the controller working now after the dip switch issue. Ive posted a picture below of the changed settings in LightShowPro which is more inline with what I believe they should be! Issue now is when i go to test the controller hardware, its only outputting to one item which is my candy canes.

Ive watched some tutorials on YouTube but Im still not getting it, frustrating as I normally pickup this stuff like a duck to water.

Thanks Again, Daniel.

NewSettings.jpg

Attachments

• NewOutput.jpg
    NewOutput.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 18

gerry

Senior elf
Hi Daniel,

Congrats !! Hope that the mother and baby are doing well !

A couple of things - in the config the size is the number of channels - in my case - if I have 150 pixels , then the size is 450.
(The start of course corresponds to the first channel number on that universe).

When u posted the picture of the E!2 config , the universes 2 etc were not enabled - is that still the case ?

arw01

Full time elf
do you get output from the right click test channels?

Also agree on adjusting your universe one to the full size, even if it's just while you are testing.

Is there any sort of data light on the P12 to see output?

have you gotten output from xlights on it's all channel test mode?

In LSP you should draw your controller/element and make sure it's channels, zones etc. If you do not draw them, you can get no output in the sequence.

livetoride

Full time elf
Hi Gerry, Thanks for the well wishes. Wife and baby are doing great, plenty of time now to sort out some lights while I'm on holidays/Up in the middle of the night :D

Firstly Ive uploaded a picture of the settings i had rectified that earlier but didn't get around to posting a picture.
I set everything to 170 pixels and settings etc but still only outputting on one channel. Is there any more info i can give to make things a bit more straight forward for helping?

Thanks Arw01 - I only get an output from one of my items not the other 2 which i think has to have something to do with what Gerry was talking about.

I hadnt tried xlights but I since have downloaded it and since have downloaded it to a working result on all of my items so that means there's no issue with the controller or the p12s.

Attachments

• New Settings.jpg
    New Settings.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20

gerry

Senior elf
Can you post the channel config i of the two elements that are not workin?
Click

[SIZE=78%] on the channels tab when u do the channel config. what channels are they on?[/SIZE]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What license do you have and how many channels are you using

Also if you changed Zones then you need to make sure that the channels are mapped correctly and do not copy eachother in LSP.

Can you provide fresh information/images of your LSP output configuration

livetoride

Full time elf
Gerry I hope these are what you asked for?
channelconfig.jpg
ChannelSettings.jpg

Eddy - I have the Advanced Edition Edition 8,192 Channels
New Settings.jpg

gerry

Senior elf
Live2ride-Daniel said:
Gerry I hope these are what you asked for?

Eddy - I have the Advanced Edition Edition 8,192 Channels

Hi Daniel,
In each of the images above , if u click on the channels tab you should see how the channels have been configured. See attached screen print in word document. The second one is obtained by clicking on the Bulk Channel edit tab within the Channels tab.

Attachments

• lspconfig.docx
    655 KB · Views: 9