Cant see my P12x

Greg

New elf
I was able to see my 12Px when I was working on my matrix, it worked fine, I moved the matrix and controller to the roof and now I cant see the controller, I took it back down and when I play around like power down or restart my computer I can log in once and that's it?

Tried new network cables etc and they were all the same, I see its getting power cause the port is green but there is no data flowing? Very frustrated!!!! I have another P102x that I can see just fine through the switch, this one seems to be hit and miss!

Thoughts?

Bill

Keep Moving Forward
Out of curiosity is it plugged into the same network switch or a different one? It might be the switch your now plugging into doesn't have the right IP ranges setup for the board. As well can you poll the switch and see it in the assigned addresses?

Greg

New elf
Hi Bill, The controller I can't see id hooked up to the same switch/hub as the other controllers (one network) , its an 8 port 100mb hub, It seems to be something with the hub, cause when I brought it in the house on my other switch it worked just fine? here is my set up

Computer IP 10.10.10.10
Subnet 255.255.255.0

Other controllers that I can see are
10.10.10.15 (P12x)
10.10.10.30 (Advatek)
10.10.10.40 (Advatek)

The one I can see is P12x 10.10.10.15

How can I see the IP range of the Hub?

Greg

New elf
I can ping the controller that I cant see via the webpage, however sometimes it does time out, this is very strange :mad:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You should be able to see the IP of the router by going to command prompt and typing "ipconfig". The default gateway that comes up should be the router IP.

Some E1.31 boards have been known to not play nice with all browsers. It may be worthwhile swapping to a different browser.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
other thing I would try is changing your computer ip as it is the default ip for the p12x. just in case it has gone back to default ip then you will not be able to see it