Cart before the horse....

Baf05

Full time elf
I am wondering how much cart I can put before my xlights horse? I plan on using last years layout with some changes, and to that end I have built some of the props. However I am now unable to build any more for a few weeks/months, but now what they will be.

Will xLights let change channels and outputs on props later on in the year? I just plan to spend the next few months doing my programming based on what I think things will be like, then do the channels and outputs later.

I know this is not ideal but I am left with very little choice. I am also assuming the xLights will do this, but I am wondering if there are any major pitfalls I should look out for?

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Yes, xLights is very flexible, there are some recommended ways to number props in the Layout that makes it easier to add/delete as required. You can just add xx,xxx number of Null channels then assign to required output and channels later. Check some of Keith's videos for better explanations.

One thing to consider is how the sequence may look as props are changed, if you really don't think you're going to be able to build some in time, it may be better to not sequence them.