changing a lsp file to a fseq file so it can play in a pi

Benslights

Dedicated elf
HI Guys

I have done a rough video of what you need to do to run your lsp sequences on a Fpp pi.

hope it helps. and sorry about the screen grab I think I need a better graphics card

https://vimeo.com/116760749

B_P_J

Full time elf
Nice work, one problem your using lsp, lol, just kidding, well presented...

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I have some questions, since I was largely unsuccessful in getting this working when I tried in December... how many channels total and did you have any pixels that were present in multiple controllers in LSP?

Can't wait to watch the video.

Louie

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I had 14500 channels and had controllers across universe yes eg p2 had 8 universe coming out of it

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Sorry, what I meant was, did you have, let's use my example of a wreath with pixels in it. I had one element / controller for the whole wreath (let's say channels 14150 thru 14300) and then I had separate elements / controllers for the left and right side of the wreaths (let's say left = channels 14150 thru 14225 and right = 14225 thru 14300). I was fairly convinced this was causing my issues, but had at least one person say they no issues doing that. I had 110 universes and around 30,000 channels and I also wondered if that caused issues too...

Louie

Benslights

Dedicated elf
you have channel 14225 overlapping 2 controllers.

also one thing I have heard but not tested is that this way of converting the files will only work up to 16,000 channels. I have not tested this so am not sure

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Sorry, bad example, the right would have been 14226 thru 14300. That would really stink if 16000 was the max, at least for me! I also tried the Light Elf software and had some success, but the colors were jumbled up. I'm trying early this year to go back thru and setup my channels and universes differently and maybe should try only running half the display to see if that works... wouldn't dive my problem but would prevent me from continuing to rip my hair out...

Louie

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I've started playing around with the Pi and using the Falcon player to play my LSP files (using Light elf to convert the mseq files to fseq files).. So far haven't any luck getting any light output.
The I saw Ben's video and learnt something about the LSP channel config that I didn't realise was required.
On the video it says that there cannot be any gaps in the channel numbers and that you have to create dummy controllers to fill up the channel numbers. My channel numbers jump around a bit from universe to universe (e.g. universe 16 might start at channel 4500 and universe 17 might start at 3000 etc.... it was just the way i set them up when I started using LSP and added in new elements). I have 24 universes in total and was wondering if I can create dummy controllers that will fill in the channel numbers that aren't being used between the universes that already exist and make these part of new universes that I can add on to the end (e.g universe 25 could fill the empty channel numbers between universes 16 and 17) or do the universe numbers and the channel numbers all have to go sequentially together. i.e do I have to go through and re-allocate my elements to different universes to make them sequential.
Hope the above makes sense :eek:

dpitts

Apprentice elf
I remember last year i could not get lightelf to produce a good fseq file. Try exporting to xseq. Then use convert tab in xlights to convert to fseq. The whole dummy controller thing is not needed.