Cheap Metal Box with lock

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I found some nice cheap lockable metal boxes in Crazy Clarks recently. They are a $10 metal key locker. But they had some 40% special on hardware so they were $6 each then 8)

External dimensions are ~24 x ~30 x ~6cm. I tried breaking the spot welds on one in order to remove the hooks, but in the end I hammering them down flat is just as effective. They aren't waterproof or super secure, but they look very neat.

[attachimg=1]

Also shop fitting "slat wall" is also great for mounting controllers/etc on. Very easy to move things around then :)

Attachments

• 20130428_191705.jpg
    20130428_191705.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 129

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
whilst i do like the appearance of them, my only concern is the fact that they are metal and from someones unfortunate incident from the forum, metal and controllers + power = burnage..

Wondering what else i could use them for however.. hmmmmmmmmmm Cheers for the info

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Well a metal box is likely to limit the spread of a fire more too. :p If the correct precautions are taken then using a metal enclosure shouldn't be any more of a problem.

Having said that, my terminal blocks are mounted on wood too. I've angled them too so it aids visual inspection that the wire is inserted fully. Should avoid accidently shorting against the chassis during setup/testing.