Color correction for part of custom model?

Hi, apologies if this is a FAQ but I can't figure it out. I have a led matrix comprised of two sets of leds, different brands. It so happens that there is quite a big difference in color between the two, specifically on the red spectrum. Now, I am wondering how I can tell xlights to color correct for part of my custom model so the lights look more alike across the two brands in the matrix.
The lights are all connected to the same Wled controller on the same GPIO. It's basically two snakes because I ran out of lights and could not get the first brand any longer. All leds are ws2811. I have tried submodels and layers but couldnt get it to work so far. Many thanks in advance for any advice! happy holidays from the Pacific Northwest in the US!

Thanks, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. It's OK though, I'll change them out after they are back in stock!

These are random Chinese brands from Amazon. Second set has thinner wires than the first. Power is injected regularly and even the LEDs right after where power is injected are off in the second set.