Answered Color Troubles with 600 Pixel Roofline

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some community help. This also is most likely a LOR networking/E1.31 issue just as a heads up...

This isn't our first year running pixels in the display but it is our first year with a pixel roof. For the roof we have a Pixlite 4 and four INK1003/WS2811 strips. Each strip is injected with +V and -V from their own power supply at the start of each strip (with -V and data carried over from the previous strip). When I test the roof using the Advatek Assistant tool and cycle RGBW, the roof cycles perfectly through all 4 colors. In the picture below is the roof cycling through blue. All 4 strips change simultaneously and display the same color.
IMG_4937.jpg

However, when I play a song or show through Light O Rama, this is the result (The picture is just a test sequence of blue programmed for the roof)
IMG_4938 edit.jpg

As you'll notice, I'm not getting the same color throughout. Hopefully someone has some insight as to why this is happening. Where I've marked the arrows is where a new strip starts and where power is being injected. This is what's puzzling to me as the colors aren't changing at the start of each strip, so it seems unlikely this is an RGB, GRB, BRG, etc channel order issue. Especially since all strips will act in unison when testing using the Advatek tool, but not when the show is playing through LOR.

Attached are screenshots of how everything is setup network wise and display wise in LOR. Given that there are a total of 600 pixels on the roof, my guess is something isn't right with how I set everything up in Light O Rama so I could really use some help! I setup the roof to begin on universe 6 and carry over to the following universes
Roof.png
LOR Network.png

PixLite Network.png

Attachments

• IMG_4938.jpg
    IMG_4938.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 1

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Not sure if its an issue or not but have tried making the universes 510 channels? Its off at the start of each universe. Not familiar with LOR

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
Not sure if its an issue or not but have tried making the universes 510 channels? Its off at the start of each universe. Not familiar with LOR
You are the man, Dan. I would have never guessed that to be the solution, but it worked!

Just so I know not to make the same mistake in the future, could you elaborate why making that change fixed everything? I'm genuinely in shock that it worked

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I dont know your Pixlite configuration but I'm assuming its set as 170 pixels per universe or 510 channels. I dont think it lets you exceed that 510 channel count. When you have a controller with 510 channels and LOR with 512 you have an issue, hence the colors are off at the start of every universe because off 2 channels