Commercial grade LED fairy lights

Andrew2708

New elf
Hi all,
I am planning for next Xmas , I have a large tree that I want to add permanent lights. I am thinking about 150-200m of high quality commercial grade fairy lights.

Where would be the best place to purchase lights like this?
Thanks for any advice or referrals.
Cheers

Andrew

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Something to keep in mind that as the tree grows the wrapped lights will get tighter, then stretch and break eventually.

Maybe have a look at some of the semi-permanent installations on trees in a local shopping area to see how they manage it.

A Google search for "commercial grade fairy lights" yields a few Australian companies selling them.

Expect there to be quite a difference in pricing (3x to 5x) compared to your normal strings.

MichaelF5

Apprentice elf
I can't see anything lasting ongoing honestly

I put up around 8k of fairy lights in some smallish trees (maybe 4m high) and it takes a few solid days to do each year

Andrew2708

New elf
I can't see anything lasting ongoing honestly

I put up around 8k of fairy lights in some smallish trees (maybe 4m high) and it takes a few solid days to do each year
How long did they last in the trees?

MichaelF5

Apprentice elf
being up for around four or five weeks every year they are still going on my fifth year, I tend to need another 4-6k of lights per year (due to growth)

Andrew2708

New elf
being up for around four or five weeks every year they are still going on my fifth year, I tend to need another 4-6k of lights per year (due to growth)
Do you leave them in all year? My tree is enormous, I was going to pay a tree lopping company to put the lights in , and then leave them in. I think the tree is fully grown. Can you see issues if the tree is fully grown? I see some commercial grade lights at around $700 for around 150m .

MichaelF5

Apprentice elf
sounds like it would be an epic job, what tree is it. I notice some of the guys cheat and have Boomlift's for their lights.. I've contemplated hanging warm white under the lower branches for extra effect however it's probably overkill

mine are just up for around a month of the year, I'd be interested to see how you find yours lasting if you do go with the up forever route.. even with it fully grown the tree is likely to still expand