Confirm/Order Acrylic white tube 50mm OD 3m long

Status
Not open for further replies.

mborg10

Michael Borg
For current bulk buy please see this thread.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=7235.msg64979#msg64979

It's back!! Bulk buy is still on

This thread is to confirm order Qty's, price and payment for the Milky White Acrylic Tube.
I have worked out the price per tube at $20.

If you would like to order any amount I will require payment prior to the end of the bulk buy on the 20/02/2015. I will be ordering 200 tubes as per MOQ. Once order is placed, it will be approx 6-8 weeks before you receive your tubes.

You can pick them up or I can have freight organised at your own cost. I did an estimate at www.smartsend.com.au to brisbane for 10 lengths which was $30 & $45 to Noosa. No guarrantees on this price as it is out of my hands. visit smartsend and put in your details for a more accurate quote.

I will also be making a jig in order to bend my tube into arches and for the locals, I may be able to help you out with yours. Sorry interstate but freight would be a killer for bent tubes.

Bulk buy ends 20/02/2015 all payments to be made prior to this date

Description

$20 per tube (plus 3% PayPal fee as per forum rules - to be confirmed by admin if direct bank deposit is acceptable)

Opaque Acrylic Tube
OD wall thickness Length weight
50MM 2mm 3000mm 1.09kg
Tube is rigid at room temp but softens at 130 degrees. I recommend hot sand for bending. This stops kinking
check out this youtube video demonstrating bending PVC. I have tried this on the acrylic and it also works.
DO NOT HEAT TO TEMP IN VIDEO - sand should be between 130 and 160 degrees

How To Bend

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Michael,

You've done well. Can I up my order to 6 please. If you run short of your 200 mark I may be able to take a few more off your hands. ::)

Cheers
Fing

mborg10

Michael Borg
darylc said:
How much for shipping to Adelaide?
10 lengths from post code 2747 claremont meadows to post code 5000 Adelaide was approx $40. If you go to www.smartsend.com.au you can pick in your exact location.
I use for 10 lengths package size 310cm x 11cm x 26cm weight 13kg

mborg10

Michael Borg
arw01 said:
anybody in the states interested in these little beasties?
To avoid confusion can you move interest for the states to this post
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=6882
Or create a new one

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
is there any other qlders wanting these tubes we might be able to save on freight if we get em all sent to the same place and pick up from there

mborg10

Michael Borg
lizardking(adam) said:
is there any other qlders wanting these tubes we might be able to save on freight if we get em all sent to the same place and pick up from there
I'd get an estimate for adding extra weight. If you go over a certain amount they need different methods to lift it and hence will cost you more, maybe.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
darylc said:
10 lengths from post code 2747 claremont meadows to post code 5000 Adelaide was approx $40. If you go to www.smartsend.com.au you can pick in your exact location.

How about shipped straight from the manufacturer? Will they let you to multiple orders to make up the MOQ?

mborg10

Michael Borg
darylc said:
darylc said:

How about shipped straight from the manufacturer? Will they let you to multiple orders to make up the MOQ?
MOQ shouldn't be an issue but no they will not split orders. The sample order I received by air freight was 1 piece by 1m and $170

darylc

404 darylc not found
darylc said:
darylc said:

MOQ shouldn't be an issue but no they will not split orders. The sample order I received by air freight was 1 piece by 1m and $170

So each state would need to get 200 orders on their own to make it worth direct shipping?

mborg10

Michael Borg
darylc said:
darylc said:
darylc said:

So each state would need to get 200 orders on their own to make it worth direct shipping?
I can ship them as part of the 200 order just freight will be extra.
I actually wanted some 100mm tune too but this require about 120 lengths as they go on material weight for MOQ
I have over 50 emails in correspondence from this supplier.

darylc

404 darylc not found
If a state wanted 200 then we could order directly from supplier and avoid the domestic shipping, thats my point.

mborg10

Michael Borg
darylc said:
If a state wanted 200 then we could order directly from supplier and avoid the domestic shipping, thats my point.
Correct, but I want to sell the 200 here first so we can guarantee this order. Darylc are you wanting any.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Most factories set a minimum order quantity (MOQ) and this will vary between suppliers with quantity, cost or weight used as the minimum order.
So unless a MOQ is achieved then they wont deal with you. They will not split orders in many cases or if they do you either have to order the MOQ for the second delivery as well or pay at least 20% or more additional costs for a part order

Each factory deals with MOQ differently

Status
Not open for further replies.