Connecting to F16v4

Gerald

New elf
HI
I have a Pi3b with a Hanson RPi 28 attached which I have been succesfully using in the earlier part of the year for testing props, I am now trying to link it to a Falcon F16v4 with limited success.
They are both on fixed IP addresses and I can see them both from both laptop and X Lights
It seems that the Pi is still only showing the original props and pixel counts from the Hanson controller?
I can test everything from the Falcon and the connected props seem to work work OK but not using the FPP
I have attached some screenshots of various settings to see if it helps

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    159.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    161.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    170 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    163.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    409.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    435 KB · Views: 16

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Not sure if this matters but your PI protocol is DDP while your Falcon protocol is 131. I'd expect the should all be the same protocol to communicate properly.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
The Pi will not show the props attached to the Falcon Controller. The last screenshot shows the pixel outputs on the rPi28D, and not the external ones.
If you look at the "Other Outputs" section, you will see there is an entry for the Falcon, with the channel range associated (2701-7290).

Make sure when you do your FPP connect to upload your sequences, you tick the UDP output.

For good measure, I'd also remove the E1.31 multicast input from the Pi - you have DDP configured and this is unnecessary configuration.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Also - ensure that the FPP/Hanson board is configured with "xLights Only" for the "Active" section.

This means that the FPP instance wont try to send data to itself, only xLights will.
But the Falcon should be configured with "Active" which means FPP will send data to it, as well as xLights.

In regards to Indi's comment above - you can have mixed protocols, the DDP would only be used when xLights is outputting to that controller, and E1.31 would be used between the FPP and Falcon.

Gerald

New elf
I have altered some settings as suggested, however the screenshot from fpp does not show anything in the Other section? do I have to select a "Type"

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    413.1 KB · Views: 11

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
So did you do a FPP Connect - to push the sequences and other "player" details to the FPP instance?
Or just the "Upload Outputs" from the controller tab?

Gerald

New elf
I did a FPP conect from Xlights and uploaded from there

Gerald

New elf
Screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    231.6 KB · Views: 12

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Bah, I'm an idiot - The falcon doesnt appear in Other on the Channel Outputs, it appears under "E1.31 / ArtNet / DDP / KiNet"
Can I get a shot of that one?
It should be defined there, as E1.31 Unicast, your Falcon IP, FPP Start Channel 2701, Start Universe 1, Number of Universes 9, Universe Size 510

Gerald

New elf
Here you go

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    452.5 KB · Views: 18

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Ok so you can turn off the top one, that's not needed, that will just mean FPP is outputting to itself.

Ahhh I see the issue.
You have Wifi and Ethernet both connected - and they are both on the same subnet.
I notice you're connected to the Ethernet IP address in the browser. What's the Wifi connection being used for? You might want to disable that.
It would certainly be confusing FPP.

Gerald

New elf
The wi fi is from a laptop from which I was trying to get the lights to work, both the Pi and The Falcon are in ethernet from my home network, I have now connected from my other wired PC and re uploaded from x lights
I will see how I get on now

Many thanks for your help