Control of channel IDs when importing into HLS from XL/NC?

DanJ

Full time elf
I used LOR S3 last Christmas with XL/NC for my RGB effects. I exported the XL/NC effects into LOR; worked really well. I have a related question for HLS--when I exported my effects into LOR S3 I was not able to "control" my channels' IDs, so I just copied the effects over in LOR and pasted them into the appropriate LOR cells. Should I plan on setting up channels in HLS, then exporting into XL/NC, setting effects in XL/NC, then exporting back into HLS? Maybe that will "keep" my original HLS channel IDs? I posted this over in Sean's XL/NC forum, too.
Thanks!

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
If your xlights is set up exactly like your HLS is, it should come over in the same universes/channels, but xlights has to be set up exactly like your entire layout and you xport just the model you want to be transfered. Also in HLS, put your nutcracker effects in the nutcracker folder in HLS folder so HLS can find it. Otherwise, you can make some "dummy" channels in HLS to load your effect into and then make a library effect to load elsewhere.
Hope this helps
John
There are videos on how to do this on diyc under HLS forum

DanJ

Full time elf
Thanks John. If I have some time to sequence this weekend, I will try this on some dummy files and watch the video you mentioned. I appreciate the info!