Converting an Animated GIF for LSP

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
lee, how do you want to use these in your display? are you wanting to output to a matrix or tree, or display it on a TV / projector output?

If you want to output to the tv/projector, you can easily convert it to an avi file (although gif may work) then add it to your media/video layer.

If you want it on your matrix / tree, there is two options.

#1 is add the file into the matrix animator, inside the animator you can load a gif or avi file and it will generate the effects for you.
second option is to wait for the next release and utilise the matrix animator macro which will (after doing option 1) allow you to add this gif to any area you like for the matrix.

Thanks Mat,

I am using a tree, 12 strips x 150 pixels. I converted it to a AVI file 320 x 240 no compression and it does accept it into LSP, However it does not turn out very well. I have not used the matrix animator yet, I will try that.
Thanks,
Lee

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Resolution is the issue when using most video and animations, you cant expect to have any decent quality when you use a much high resolution video and then reduce that quality and resolution when it is mapped onto a much lower resolution grid. I tend to create many of my animations using the matrix animation tool for lower resoltion matrices.

The issue is your going form 320 x 240 resoltion to a 12 x 150 resolution. The issue is with the 12 strips, you cant get any real decent video image for that resolution as you are having to reduce the resolution by 26 times to fit within the 12 strips, there is just too much loss and blend to create anything decent. Effects are a different thing though and can work well.