Copyright and Where to Show Video's of your lightshow

pilbralights

Infected with CLAP
Whats the best platform to use to "promote" your light show??? I know facebook uses software to scan uploaded videos and then blocks them I would say you tube does the same. Does Vimeo do this also??? Is it worth making your own website to get around this one??

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
I just share it to YouTube.

Yes, you'll most probably see ads on your display videos. Yes, it may be blocked in specific countries. Yes, it may not play on mobile devices. But at least the video won't be blocked altogether due to the licencing arrangements YouTube has with record labels.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I only ever seem to get messages that the audio is blocked in Germany. Not sure why Germany but must be some reason. Otherwise everything seems to get through on YouTube ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidJ247

Full time elf
I tried to post one of my sequences to youtube and got a notification that there were 8 copyright claims and banned in 20 countries so I didn't publish. Is that normal?

Kitman

Full time elf
I uploaded a video to youtube with a pentatonix song which got blocked in every country, seems a little odd considering it is a cover so why block it but anyway.

You can check on licensing agreements for songs on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/music_policies just search for the song name to see if it will be blocked prior to uploading it and wasting time like I did.