Coro Designs

BigKev

New elf
Hi All

Had big aspirations to be an "Electrode" (or more correctly an apprentice electrode) and after much enjoyable research primarily on this forum submitted my project plan and budget to the CEO/CFO without success. She knocked both back out of hand with a muttered side comment that sounded something like "silly old bugger, you're not climbing ladders and electrocuting yourself while I'm around!"

Anyway while doing my research found the concept of Coro display models and it looked like a reasonably simple opportunity to produce interesting displays. So whilst this is all theory from my end I thought I could at least endeavour to make a contribution to all you Electrodes out there by sharing some designs I have put together.

I have come up with a few so will post them over the next week or so. If anyone is interested in actually fabricating any of the designs I also have an outline diagram (JPG file which you can use to enlarge/print a plan) of each which you can obtain by sending me a PM with your email address and identifying the design you want.

This is not a commercial exercise, all is for free. The only thing I would ask is that you respect my "copyright" in the design and not use it commercially, the designs are for private use only.

Any feedback as to the practicality and/or usefulness of the designs would be welcomed. If the designs prove to be of interest to you Electrodes I will endeavour to do some more.

If there are any Electrodes out there who have a design in mind but are challenged by the task of actually drawing up a plan (like I have done) please feel free to send me a picture and I would be happy to have a go at drawing up a plan for you. Just remember that I am not an artist so I can't draw it up out of my head I need the picture so I can cheat with the computer which I do know how to use a little. If you don't have a picture tell me what you want and I'll see if can find it.

Again, this is not a commercial, happy to do it for no cost as a contribution to your lighting displays. Who knows, perhaps I'll become an Electrode by default. So if this post works the first one should appear below.

Regards
Kevin
[attachimg=2][attachimg=1]

Attachments

• Angel.jpg
    Angel.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 487
  • Angel3d.jpg
    Angel3d.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 487

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Very Nice Kev, thanks for offering this up and sharing. The possabilaties with corex are unlimited

BigKev

New elf
Re: Coro Design 2

Hi All

Here's the next one.

Kevin

Attachments

• Bells3d.jpg
    Bells3d.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 460
  • Bells.jpg
    Bells.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 460

BigKev

New elf
Coro Design 4

and another. Please note if you PM me for the outline file please include your email address (or alternatively send me an email direct) as an attachment can't be included in a PM.

Regards
Kevin

Attachments

• Canes.jpg
    Canes.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Cane3d.jpg
    Cane3d.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 440

BigKev

New elf
Hi Cenote

All depends how you make them but most where designed for 3d fabrication. If you have a close look at the pictures I've posted each set will have both a plan and 3d view.

Of course some designs are better suited to 3d than others.

Regards
Kevin

BigKev

New elf
Coro Design 6

Now here is another. This is the one that started it all off!

Attachments

• Holly.jpg
    Holly.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Holly3d.jpg
    Holly3d.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 407

BigKev

New elf
Coro Design 7

This one you could do in any font of your choosing.

Attachments

• Merry Christmas.jpg
    Merry Christmas.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Merry Christmas3d.jpg
    Merry Christmas3d.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 377

BigKev

New elf
Coro Design 9

I reckon you clever Electrodes could get a good Kaleidoscope affect with the more complex "snowflake" if you did some fancy controller programing?

Attachments

• Snowflakes.jpg
    Snowflakes.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Snowflakes3d.jpg
    Snowflakes3d.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 349