Crap my 7 minute sequence just dissaperad

Jimbo

Full time elf
HI,

I came back to my computer after having a break and xlights went into not responding and closed.

I reopened xlights and it came up with some error (something like line error with a number).

After rebooting the computer and retrying opening the same thing happened again. This time I clicked cancel and save thinking it might help and now all the screen in the sequence is black and nothing of what I have programmed shows up or plays.

I had 7 minutes completed of the show of a 10 minute show and I am stressing bigtime now.

ANy ideas?

The FSEQ file is still 200mb in size.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Now all my models are blank as well :(

This is not good

Jimbo

Full time elf
All the models are back,

but there are no timings or anthing in the sequencer. It is as though it has been wiped clean!

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Have u been pressing F10 as u save? This backs up every sequence xml into the backup sub directory. The fseq will always be the same size, even if you had just one channel sequenced. Fseq files are fully rendered , binary data. They have no model or effect info. Suggestion is press f10 often AND make a copy of the show directory xml files to a second location. I press f10 after every save and make a backup of my show directory once a week. I hope u have been pressing f10, if yes go to backup subdirectory and retrieve your sequence xml.

Jimbo

Full time elf
I didn't know about pressing F10.

I went in there and have a backup file from 2 weeks ago.

The current Xml file is only 1kb in size meaning there must have been some major corruption.

So lost 2 minutes of programming. I guess that's better than loosing the whole thing.