Creating a matrix in LSP

burner

Full time elf
Is there an easy way to create a matrix in LSP?

So far, I have selected a range in the timeline and then right clicked and selected create a matrix animation. I've then added a new 20*33 matrix, as per my xmas tree (20 strips of 33 pixels per strip). To apply channels to each pixel, do I then have to right click each individual box and select the controller then the channel? This would take hours. Is there an easier way to do it?

cozbert

Full time elf
if you use the drawing tools and draw a matrix, it will prompt you for your start and finish channels and map the channels for you.

mborg10

Michael Borg
watching the lightshow pro online webinar videos that Matt created on this forum should be able to answer your question and also give you other helpful points too. If my memory is correct he covers it in the 2nd video.

burner

Full time elf
Trouble is, in the drawing tool I had to draw each line separately because of my configuration, and none of the tree selections were useful for me (i.e I have a 180 tree, of 4 universes each using 5 strips. They are up,down,up,down,up and then start from up,down,up,down,up again (so column 5 and 6 are the same direction).
Does this mean I'm boned, and have to map each pixel manually?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
no that is fine burner, if it is a 3d tree you can set it up like that, just map into accross all your channels, if you change the maximum pixels for each output in your controller, LSP will output to the correct universe IOT achieve what you want.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
burner said:
Trouble is, in the drawing tool I had to draw each line separately because of my configuration, and none of the tree selections were useful for me (i.e I have a 180 tree, of 4 universes each using 5 strips. They are up,down,up,down,up and then start from up,down,up,down,up again (so column 5 and 6 are the same direction).
Does this mean I'm boned, and have to map each pixel manually?

I think the fact that you have column 5 and 6 in the same direction may mean you need to set this up in the controller hardware config as its just not a plain zig zag setup that is offered in LSP tree setup, this way if you configure your hardware so it sees the tree as a zig zag then you can use the tree drawing tool in LSP

burner

Full time elf
Might have to look at that option next year. At this stage, I've manually mapped all the channels for the tree (took about 2 hours). I used some creative cut/paste in the xml file to copy the same controller and channel to each column, then manually selected the channel for all of them. It took till about 80% through to realize I could resize the grid, by that stage my eyes were going wonky donky.

I've since drawn a couple of images in the matrix and applied it to my tree through the macro effect animation tool, but looking at the visualizer, they don't look good enough in my opinion. I've given the matrix effect the flick for now, and when the tree goes up in November, I'll have a look then.