Build guide ԆцряєсϮ's Mega Tree Guide

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
OK due the amount of interest generated in my Tree build, Ive decided to write up a guide of sorts for those that are keen on how it was done.

Just let me say that as a guide writer I make a pretty good fisherman so you'll have to take it as it is.

Cheers
Rod

Attachments

• Ruprects Mega Tree 2013.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2,242

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Thanks for this mate. I have my mega trees up but always find other installations interesting as it gives me a chance to see possible improvements or lessons learned that I might apply to my own.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Great write up!! Another very handy resource for the future for a lot of people I'm sure.

You must be a fantastic fishermen.

Kev

greg58

Full time elf
I agree with Kev, that one of the best write ups I've seen, great detail, and good advice. Well Done and thanks.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
924aussie said:
Ever thought of selling the strands made up for others

No I havent really, I could look into it I suppose, not sure how much interest there would be.
then again It might be a good way to get my Blinky budget for this year...... :D

dale82

Senior elf
Thanks Rup for sharing, I think you would make a killing if you sold the Frame Work Personally, I cannot weld if my life depended on it. Excellent job mate!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great guide, thanks for the effort and thanks for sharing

My only thoughts on the method you used was that personally I would have just used strip instead of making the strapping with eyelets, just seems a lot of hard work for putting pixel strings into the strapping and eyelets. But then thats just me and im lazy. :D

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Fasteddy said:

My only thoughts on the method you used was that personally I would have just used strip instead of making the strapping with eyelets, just seems a lot of hard work for putting pixel strings into the strapping and eyelets. But then thats just me and im lazy. :D

Thanks Ed
I did think of using strip but as my tree is right in the viewers face and its 360 deg, With the strings you still get the 360 effect from the front, and strip would have been a different look all together.

mborg10

Michael Borg
ԆцряєсϮ said:
Fasteddy said:

Thanks Ed
I did think of using strip but as my tree is right in the viewers face and its 360 deg, With the strings you still get the 360 effect from the front, and strip would have been a different look all together.

I like the classic look of the 360 pixel trees. Looks like Christmas even during the day.