Cute Stories

MarcD

Full time elf
We have a thread about annoying things people say and do, so I thought I'd start one about the good stuff that happens.

Last night, one of our frequent flyers, three year old Sophia and her Ukrainian parents arrived on schedule. Sophia is sleigh-obsessed and usually stays in there each night until way past her bedtime. Last night when they arrived, her mum said to her "Are you going in the sleigh?" Sophia replied with a stern NO!

We have a sound activated RGB floodlight shining onto our driveway. We call it the dancefloor. Sophia proceeded to start doing all these elegant dance moves under the light. She kept going no-stop for over 15 minutes when her parents mentioned that she'd spent the afternoon watching Angelina Ballerina on DVD.

The penny dropped. In her three year old mind, she had decided that she wanted to be Angelina Ballerina and she knew exactly where the best place to do it would be. She was exhausted by the time the music stopped.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yes we had similar experiences here . We had young issabell would have too see our lights every night or refused to go to bed and we had some little snowman lights and one in particular was her special light and she would tell us what we have changed and moved each year great memory. Was good times as we became friends and dads would have beer and chat.

MarcD

Full time elf
Some photos of the sleigh for fing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 46

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
That's Brilliant Marc, I'm hooked and the dashboard is great, complete with stocking detector! I might need those detailed instructions after all lol
Cheers
Fing

MarcD

Full time elf
Fing said:
That's Brilliant Marc, I'm hooked and the dashboard is great, complete with stocking detector! I might need those detailed instructions after all lol
Cheers
Fing

No worries fing. I'm sure I will still have the bookmark for the pattern supplier in the US. The pattern is actual size. I have the image for the dash I can send. At least I can help you avoid my many mistakes.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Ha I found it a while ago actually, they list two sizes a large and a gigantic the gigantic is 8' x 4' x 6' is this yours? the other doesn't look big enough?

MarcD

Full time elf
Fing said:
Ha I found it a while ago actually, they list two sizes a large and a gigantic the gigantic is 8' x 4' x 6' is this yours? the other doesn't look big enough?

Pretty sure that's it. We increased the depth of the side curves to give better access. Also, we used thicker marine ply to build it and 42 x 19 timber for bracing under the seat and floor (basically everywhere). Then a timber base and six uprights underneath using 70 x 35 cca treated pine.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks for the info, the boss said it's a goer so I now have another project for next year, of course it'll need some pixels and maybe a couple of p10s on the side, and a bubble machine, and a snow machine and flame throwers :D

I might start collecting some dashboard switches and stuff from the "throw outs" at work, it'll give me something to do tomorrow ::)

cheers
Fing

lytnin

Full time elf
1st off ......... Merry Christmas Everyone.

I had a lot of interest last night in the lights, being only the second night that ALL lights were on.

The best part of the night, without a doubt, a little man probably 18mths or so old, walking along, stopping in his tracks, and then started bopping around in time with music. That right there was awesome.

Video of the lights posted in my other thread.