Cute Stories

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by MarcD, Dec 24, 2015.

1. MarcD

MarcD Full Time Elf

We have a thread about annoying things people say and do, so I thought I'd start one about the good stuff that happens.

Last night, one of our frequent flyers, three year old Sophia and her Ukrainian parents arrived on schedule. Sophia is sleigh-obsessed and usually stays in there each night until way past her bedtime. Last night when they arrived, her mum said to her "Are you going in the sleigh?" Sophia replied with a stern NO!

We have a sound activated RGB floodlight shining onto our driveway. We call it the dancefloor. Sophia proceeded to start doing all these elegant dance moves under the light. She kept going no-stop for over 15 minutes when her parents mentioned that she'd spent the afternoon watching Angelina Ballerina on DVD.

The penny dropped. In her three year old mind, she had decided that she wanted to be Angelina Ballerina and she knew exactly where the best place to do it would be. She was exhausted by the time the music stopped.

2. the grinch

the grinch I guess I could use a little social interaction

Yes we had similar experiences here . We had young issabell would have too see our lights every night or refused to go to bed and we had some little snowman lights and one in particular was her special light and she would tell us what we have changed and moved each year great memory. Was good times as we became friends and dads would have beer and chat.

3. OP
    OP
    MarcD

MarcD Full Time Elf

Some photos of the sleigh for fing.

Attached Files:

4. lizardking

lizardking IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT

Find Me On:
    that is awesome did you build the dashboard

5. Fing

Fing Full Time Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    That's Brilliant Marc, I'm hooked and the dashboard is great, complete with stocking detector! I might need those detailed instructions after all lol
    Cheers
    Fing

6. OP
    OP
    MarcD

MarcD Full Time Elf

Yes, I designed and built it. Eldest son did the wiring. The layout is designed to be fun and educational.

7. OP
    OP
    MarcD

MarcD Full Time Elf

No worries fing. I'm sure I will still have the bookmark for the pattern supplier in the US. The pattern is actual size. I have the image for the dash I can send. At least I can help you avoid my many mistakes.

8. Fing

Find Me On:
  9. OP
    OP
    MarcD

MarcD Full Time Elf

10. Fing

Find Me On:
    Ha I found it a while ago actually, they list two sizes a large and a gigantic the gigantic is 8' x 4' x 6' is this yours? the other doesn't look big enough?

11. OP
    OP
    MarcD

MarcD Full Time Elf

Pretty sure that's it. We increased the depth of the side curves to give better access. Also, we used thicker marine ply to build it and 42 x 19 timber for bracing under the seat and floor (basically everywhere). Then a timber base and six uprights underneath using 70 x 35 cca treated pine.

12. Fing

Find Me On:
    Thanks for the info, the boss said it's a goer so I now have another project for next year, of course it'll need some pixels and maybe a couple of p10s on the side, and a bubble machine, and a snow machine and flame throwers :D

I might start collecting some dashboard switches and stuff from the "throw outs" at work, it'll give me something to do tomorrow ::)

cheers
    Fing

13. lytnin

lytnin Apprentice Elf

1st off ......... Merry Christmas Everyone.

I had a lot of interest last night in the lights, being only the second night that ALL lights were on.

The best part of the night, without a doubt, a little man probably 18mths or so old, walking along, stopping in his tracks, and then started bopping around in time with music. That right there was awesome.

Video of the lights posted in my other thread.