DC Controller (DMX2-18) working :)

christmasdave

Full time elf
Hopefully this is OK to post here

I received my DMX2-18 from Hanson Electronics yesterday and got it going today! I also received my first pixel lights and can't stop playing with them! It's only January and I am very excited for the end of the year!! This will be my first year with pixel lights and I can't wait :)

Reason for posting is that I made a very quick video after I connected the DMX2-18 to my lights. I couldn't find one online and seeing as I have learnt heaps (and continue to) from auschristmaslights, I wanted to do a small part. I'm certainly no video star, won't win any awards and I think I may have said something wrong in the video too :/ But hopefully someone finds it useful when reasearching.

EDIT: I even got it going in xLights! :)

Reactions: AAH

davehowie1au

New elf
I also started working with two of the DMX2-18 controllers. I discovered that when using xLights sequencer it must be setup for 50ms (20fps). If you go 40fps this seems to inject intermittent errors (not sure if its related to the USB DMX coverter or the board). Great boards Alan!

Reactions: AAH

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I also started working with two of the DMX2-18 controllers. I discovered that when using xLights sequencer it must be setup for 50ms (20fps). If you go 40fps this seems to inject intermittent errors (not sure if its related to the USB DMX coverter or the board). Great boards Alan!
That's something that I'll have to look into. I'm kinda hoping that it's actually xlights and the dongle being the issue. It's too late at night for me to work it out but 40fps is at the upper limit of being able to get all the data out in time.