Decking out a train, Waterproofing p10 & video display.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Excite-CE-Sign.png

I have acquired a new display element. It is the cash express train used at pokies venues. It generally sits on top of the machines and is linked to other poker machines to show prize amounts that can be won. The train itself contains fluorescent lights that light up the train from the inside. I plan to remove these lights and replace with leds. It also has a few incandescent lights around the base and matrix holder, these may be replaced with pixel nodes. The train alone on the stand is very heavy and I may have to shorten it to make it lighter.
20150724_214405_zps0gjz26ep.jpg

The matrix is made up of 16 p10 boards and is controlled by the Palatronics board. The Palatronics board has a 16mb Compact flash card inbuilt. What I found interesting is there is a couple of video files on the card in FLC animation. The flc file can be played by QuickTime just like a video file. This may be useful to others also to be able to play videos on p10 boards if these flc files could be read by other programs/Boards?
http://vid241.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/bbayjohn/20150724_214103_zpsani7zfeb.mp4

The p10 mounting box can be made waterproof with some silicon. A metal plate is bolted inside the box with a glass slide in cover. In between the glass and the p10 panels is a see threw material that disperses the pixels.
20150726_194154_zps0z5vizyl.jpg

20150726_194147_zpsezrnxtoh.jpg

I have copied the master file but can only open a few of the files. I can open the flc file and the text files. Would like to open the other files to see if I can change the commands. I need help with this. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5hsfdl0kb1g7yri/AABw4n16q10Yr5vvq6S0n4UAa?dl=0

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
very nice, will be a hit for your display this year, how did you come across that great piece

bbayjohn

Senior elf
esplay this year, how did you come across that great piece
[/quote]

on my delivery rounds I asked if they wanted to get rid of it. A month later they asked how much I would pay for it. :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bbayjohn said:
on my delivery rounds I asked if they wanted to get rid of it. A month later they asked how much I would pay for it. :D

Do you mind saying how much a great item like that set you back
I understand if you dont want to say, Im just curious

bbayjohn

Senior elf
[/quote]

Do you mind saying how much a great item like that set you back
I understand if you dont want to say, Im just curious
[/quote]

pm sent