Delivery To Hong Kong?

BigKev

New elf
After lurking in the background at ACL for a few years and constantly badgering the CFO she has finally approved some expenditure on what to date has been my dream hobby of creating a small light show. So I am now working up to my first order with Ray Wu and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting an order delivered to an hotel in Hong Kong and if so is it worth it?

Just so happens I'll be in Hong Kong for a few days toward the end of July which could provide an opportunity to minimise delivery costs if the concept is feasible.

Thanks
Kevin

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you're in Hong Kong you could near walk to Ray's and pick it up.
I don't know how your luggage allowance or fees are but it costs me about $US8-10 per kg to get stuff shipped to Aus.

darylc

404 darylc not found
it takes about 3-4 hours to get from Hong Kong to Rays in China one way really via trains and taxi's. It's not really practical.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
it takes about 3-4 hours to get from Hong Kong to Rays in China one way really via trains and taxi's. It's not really practical.
I just asked Felix/benbrown. He's from Scottled near Ray and he tells me it's about 3hrs by car or 1hr by train.

darylc

404 darylc not found
@BigKev ignore what AAH says, I've made the journey via train, it is absolutely not 1 hour door to door so please do not be tempted/fooled by that.

BigKev

New elf
Unfortunately the problem at my end is that you need a visa to get into Ray's part of the country and this trip I won't be getting one as I am actually going to Cambodia and this is just an extended stop over on the way home from there that I conned, oops, I mean offered to the CFO with no particular agenda in mind of course other than giving her a rest during the long flight home. So this trip Hong Kong is as close as I can get. As I've got close to 30kg baggage allowance available and my order is currently coming in at about 20kg I thought I may be able to save on some delivery cost and buy some more stuff! But need to weigh up the risk involved, hence my quest for advice.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.