DMX Address Writer AT3031 Error

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hi Guys,
Just about ready to cry . . . . .

Ordered a DMX writer from Ray and it arrived super quick. Programed one light all cool, went to do the second one and what I think is an error now comes up on the writer and I can't do anything with it.

When I turn it on "1-7-2" appears for a second or so then the number 2 appears on the right side of the display and no amount of button pushing will change the display. Have removed the batteries for a few minutes and that hasn't reset it. Also unplugged it from the light and tried a different one, doesn't make a difference. Still stuck on that number 2.

Tried to make sense of the translated manual I found on here and nup. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks. :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Ray is probably still around on the Aliexpress chat at this time of day so you may be able to try him

prof

Apprentice elf
Sounds like the one I have. link but obvious question first, are the batteries good.

If it is the same programmer, these are my quick operating notes.

1. Connect the only 3 wires GND, DMX+ and DMX- of the programmer to the controller
connect the +V and 0V (GND) to a suitable power supply and power up the controller
2. Turn on the programmer (leave the 4 dip switches at 0). It'll show numbers on the display 1-7-2 and then go to -0-
3. Press the FUNC button until 2 is displayed in the left digit of the display. RH display shows 000 (first time)
4. Use the UP/DOWN keys to select the DMX start channel (on the right side of the display)
You need to set the number to one below your start DMX channel
5. Hit the "Action" button, twice to program the controller
6. The programmer automatically adds 3 to the start channel, so if sequentially programming a group of controllers, just leave the device turned on,
swap the DMX cable to the next one, then repeat the process from step 4 untill you are finished programming them all

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hi Dudes,
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a hold of Ray. But in the meantime, it's magically started working. Admittedly my 2 year old son go a hold of it last night and pushed all the buttons . . . . and the batteries have been out of it all day (needed them for something else). None of this may have anything to do with it, but it suddenly started working at 9pm, so without waiting I programmed all the lights. :D

Sorry, that doesn't solve the problem of what the error was, but I'm happy I was able to do the lights.