DMX36 + D2

ecbailey

Full time elf
Hi All,

I have connected my DMX36 up to the D2, however when I send output with da_e1.31, the christmas lights come one for about 5 seconds, than off for a second and repeat.

The lights on the DMX36 are all on whilst the christmas lights are on, however when they are off the red light on the DMX36 fades off and on....kind on like it is losing power?

Also attached D2 and da settings.

If anybody knows what's going on that would be great

Attachments

• d2.PNG
    d2.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 17
  • da.PNG
    da.PNG
    91.3 KB · Views: 13

ecbailey

Full time elf
Thanks YL, unfortunately that hasn't sorted it.

The other controllers connected to the D2 are working fine, so I think it might be to do with the DMX36 board have issues receiving the signal or getting a consistent supply of power.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The red light is directly off the 5V regulator. If it is fading then it sounds like you have some serious power issues.
Sorry for not replying quicker but I've been busy with work and trying to get some of my display done.

ecbailey

Full time elf
Hi Alan,

Yes, seems like a power issue, however given that I've swapped it out for a P2 and one of your 2811 boards and they are working nicely I don't think it's an issue with the power supply to the board. I could be wrong though.

It only was happening when I would have the brightness of the lights turned up to about half and above.

Thanks,
Evan