1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

DMX36 vs LOR CMB16D-QC

Discussion in 'Hanson Electronics' started by AAH, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    I did a bit a quick number crunching after talking to someone in chat last night.

The basic specs for the 2 are
    Hanson Electronics DMX36
    36 Channels - 4 voltage inputs/zones - 30A per 9 channels $AU130 (including 10% GST) $AU3.61/channel
    http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/dmx36/

LOR CMB16D-QC
    16 Channels - 2 voltage inputs/zones - 20A per 8 channels - $US99.95 $US6.25/channel
    http://store.lightorama.com/cmdedcca2.html

with todays exchange rate the DMX36 works out to $US83.70 ($US2.33/channel) for a bit over double the channels and a total of 120A potential load switching compared with 40A. Both boards are similar in size but the DMX36 has screw terminals rather than spade connectors. The DMX36 also has an inbuilt test mode that can be turned on and off with a dipswitch.

Attached Files:

2. blondesrock

blondesrock Be the light or the mirror that reflects it

3. OP
    OP
    AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    Happy 1st post after 2 years on ACL

Meanwell make about the best power supplies and are distributed in Aus through ADM Instruments in Melbourne. A couple of blinky suppliers resell them. Audio Visual Devices in Capalaba and Advatek Lights in Melbourne sell Meanwell power supplies which are actually 325W rather than 350W.

Personally I use cheap power supplies from China. These are only about 1/3 of the cost of the Meanwell supplies but may be a bit hard to get inside a week or so. benbrown from ACL sells them at Scottled or alternately Ray Wu on Aliexpress sells them.

4. blondesrock

blondesrock Be the light or the mirror that reflects it

Thanks for the speedy reply - much appreciated. I will start letting my fingers do the walking :D