Does anybody have experience with the T-200K Controller from Ray Wu?

bobdow

New elf
Hi,

I'm a newbie, I have an ambitious Burning Man project. 3000 RGB pixels. I am using 3 wire 5v WS2811 strings from Ray Wu and also have this controller (that he recommended).

My pixels are wired 5v DATA GND and the terminal blocks on the controller [/size]are labelled CLK DATA COM. As I understand it, the WS2811 3 wire strands [/size]don't use a clock wire... ok... so how do I connect the strands to the [/size]terminal blocks?
[/size]
[/size]Or am I missing the boat and I should ignore the terminal blocks and only use the Ethernet ports on the other side of the device for E1.31?
[/size]
[/size]If yes, where do I inject power for the strings?
[/size]
[/size]The "manual" for this controller is pretty barebones and I can't find any good install info... lots of people sell it but they have the same confusing instructions. Ray hasn't responded to my request from last week.
[/size]
[/size]I'm willing to go another controller direction, but I love solving a mystery. I will wire it up, take pictures and document it myself if we can figure it out.
[/size]
[/size]thanks community!

kmccamman

New elf
I don't see the WS 2811 3 wire pixels in the list of supported IC chips on Ray's website for this controller, just WS 2801, WS 2803. I am assuming that i have found the same controller on his site, here is a link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/T-200K-led-pixel-controller-can-be-controlled-via-PC-suppor-many-kinds-of-IC/701799_497637885.html

The wiring diagram looks a bit strange in that there are labels for clock, data, and ground like you have stated, but to operate the pixels there would have to be a positive connection somewhere I would think. Maybe someone with more knowledge and experience can chime in with better help.

Good luck with your burning man project, and if it goes well show us some pics! My Sister goes every year, I think she is with the lamp lighters camp. (She has been bugging me to go for years, but I like riding dirt bikes and quads in the sand more than what I see in the pics from the festival).