Downloading MP3 from Amazon music

bpratt

Senior elf
I see a lot of the sequence vendors give you a Amazon link to the songs for their sequences, but not a link to apple store stuff.

I've pretty much given up in disgust trying to download music that I've payed for on Amazon. It plays fine with the Amazon app, but I just can not find how I can then save that music as an .mp3 file for use with xlights sequences.

Can some one please tell us how I can download that paid for music as a .mp3 file ?

Looking through Amazon it talks about not being able to download the actual mp3, but I hear there is a way to do so.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Yep, one of my biggest annoyances with US vendors #FirstWoldProblems
For reasons only known to Amazon, from what I can tell you can't download mp3s in Aus.
You could try using a USA address, but you may also need to use a non-Aus credit card

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Yeah I thought there was too. I bought a song for the Singing Pumpkins and I'm sure I could download it a maximum of 5 times. I'll have a look next time I'm at my PC.
I thought also it was downloaded as a .aac file and then i converted it to MP3 through VLC

TerryK

Retired Elf
I do not use anything Apple so no comment there. For Amazon and mp3s try the info in the following link. Not sure about legalities or lack thereof.

bpratt

Senior elf
I do not use anything Apple so no comment there. For Amazon and mp3s try the info in the following link. Not sure about legalities or lack thereof.

Just tried that out, and Amazon have locked out my account for 2 hours according the email I just got from them, because
"We believe that an unauthorized party may have accessed your account."

Nice if it really was an unauthorised party.

darylc

404 darylc not found
I look at the song length on Amazon and then buy the same length song on itunes, I've had 100% success rate to date.

tooms

12v4life
If you get really stuck, use a youtube to mp3 convert tool .. just paste the youtube link into the "tool" and it'll spit out the .mp3 file ..

Dreamin

Full time elf
I look at the song length on Amazon and then buy the same length song on itunes, I've had 100% success rate to date.
That's what I do with the Amazon UK store as I have an account there to buy stuff for my family in the UK.

Sometimes the itunes songs are a different length.

TerryK

Retired Elf
I would think there should be a work-around keeping in mind what I previously mentioned, possible legalities. DVDs (still) have region codes, I do not know what restrictions there may be for audio/music. A web search for Geo-Blocking and Web Re-Directs provides quite a bit of information on what and how to avoid or evade these limitations. I have used VPNs in the past to get to US websites when outside the country, never tried to purchase anything through them though.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
I get frustrated with this also. I have even tried using my VPN with geo blocking with no success. So far no issues with iTunes like Darylc mentioned

bpratt

Senior elf
so those of you who have got the music from a different location, how do you get on with the file hash for the MP3 in the sequence ?