Drying out pigtail connectors...

aplant92

Full time elf
I stupidly left my pigtails out over night in the wet, exposed, and now I’m worried moisture has gotten into the connectors.

Is there any easy way to dry these out (and make sure they’re dry) before reconnecting everything?

bbayjohn

Senior elf
It should be fine. Shake any loose moisture off & dry with a towel. Moisture is a conductor so you will have good pin conecction. At the end of the season spray with inox to prevent corrosion.

aplant92

Full time elf
Ok will do.

Am I overthinking it? I’m just conscious of shorting something if there’s a bit of moisture between the positive and ground!

bbayjohn

Senior elf
did it rain or just due? If they had been sitting a puddle I would just shake off the moisture and let them dry for a couple of days or use a hair dryer like David mentioned. Yep sold at bunnings
91a4c4d5-615f-4cc4-9cae-839ff18397ff.jpg

scamper

Dedicated elf
Low voltage isn't a problem shorting between terminals, giving them a squirt of wd40, crc or inox etc. They are all "water dispersents" so will be fine

aplant92

Full time elf
They sat out in the rain, but weren’t sitting in puddles or anything. Wet around the plug and probably a little bit of moisture near the connectors.

What do you think?

Kitman

Full time elf
You can also use an air compressor if you have one to get the majority of the water out then dry with a hair dryer, otherwise a can of compressed air if you don't have an air compressor will also work, but the compressed air cans are expensive so use sparingly.