due to moving and things just not working

roo

Full time elf
Due to having alot of trouble setting up a show. I have had to cancel this years show! Hopefully I can get these controllers working one day. Very dishearten at the moment. After all my hard work trying to get it going, it just wont. Having network problems and just wont work.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Oh geez mate very sad to hear I feel for you must be disappointing . Im sure you will work it out.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
That's no good Roo. At least you will have 12 months to plan out the big show. What controllers are you having problem with?

Merry Christmas

arw01

Full time elf
roo said:
Due to having alot of trouble setting up a show. I have had to cancel this years show! Hopefully I can get these controllers working one day. Very dishearten at the moment. After all my hard work trying to get it going, it just wont. Having network problems and just wont work.

Feel your pain Roo, was behind, but had a bigger better show planned this year, then the "mega tree" fell on the house and there will be no show this year. I have some pretty colors and some of the props out that I did for this years bigger and better. Still plugging along for next year, 300 more nodes to put into Boscoyo strips..

Bird

LOR user
Roo, you have so much talented and friendly folks down there ,,, just ask, many have been where you are and will be willing to help you past your current hurdle.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Roo, I know the feeling. I almost quit. Glad I didn't give up. If nothing else you can continue to learn. Stick with it. Lots of helpful folks to help you figure it out. Don't call it quits!

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Hey Roo I know how you feel, this is my first year with any sort of blinking lights so decided that RGB was the way. Wow what a steep learning curve it has been along with a huge year at work and a honey do list that never seems to get smaller I have only just got my mega tree up and running this afternoon. What a difference a day makes as yesterday I was just like you ready to give it a miss this year but the little lady convinced me to keep going. I only ran 4 short sequences without sound but I could hear parents calling kids to come and have a look which made all the hard work worthwhile. (and the wife was very excited as well :D )

So now reinvigorated I plan on putting out my 10 mini trees tomorrow after work as well as getting the sound happening and keep working on some wire frames I have and will keep going even after xmas day as I figure its all good work for next year.

If there is any way you can just get a very basic show going this year it will be worth it in the long run as it will help motivate you to keep working at it.

All the best.
Stuart

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Dazzled said:
Hey Roo I know how you feel, this is my first year with any sort of blinking lights so decided that RGB was the way. Wow what a steep learning curve it has been along with a huge year at work and a honey do list that never seems to get smaller I have only just got my mega tree up and running this afternoon. What a difference a day makes as yesterday I was just like you ready to give it a miss this year but the little lady convinced me to keep going. I only ran 4 short sequences without sound but I could hear parents calling kids to come and have a look which made all the hard work worthwhile. (and the wife was very excited as well :D )

So now reinvigorated I plan on putting out my 10 mini trees tomorrow after work as well as getting the sound happening and keep working on some wire frames I have and will keep going even after xmas day as I figure its all good work for next year.

If there is any way you can just get a very basic show going this year it will be worth it in the long run as it will help motivate you to keep working at it.

All the best.
Stuart
Stuart pm me your address if you need a hand let me know i am at highland park
Lizard king

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi Roo,

I have a saying, "some days you are the dog, the others - the tree"
it seems that you have had a few "tree days", keep plugging away at it, your turn to be the dog will come, and it will be worthwhile. While you sort the networking out, get a virtual Santa, simple and very effective.
all the best
Fing