E1.31 controlled screen(s)!

elnino

Full time elf
Hi all, I mentioned a little while ago I am working on an app to read a E1.31 stream to dynamically control pictures on a screen.

Well, I've been tinkering with it some more and now it has got to the performance level that I am at least relatively happy with. It still has some bugs/limitations but it works!

I'm still trying to determine a way to do transparency over the image (for fading) - I had it working but I had to change the way I was drawing the images to make it faster and that broke the fading.

The app also supports video files...

This is a quick vid of my fist ever attempt at lip sync (and a little rushed) so it's not perfect.

There is no reason this could not be a full HD image per 'frame', this was just the size I could find some decent phoneme type faces for testing.

BTW - I have no artistic talent - Any idea where/who/how to get some basic 'faces' made up?

http://youtu.be/T8YQb5nVKaA

elnino

Full time elf
That was pretty much the reason for writing the app. I googled as much as i could but I could not find any other app that does this. Perhaps something has been written as a plugin for OLA but it didn't come up in my research. If there is, please tell me!

It's still in development at the moment but it works. Hopefully soon I'll be able to release it.

I'm hoping to be able to use it in my display this year but it's lower on the list than some of the other things.