e682 gateway

Jimmy

New elf
hi all, I trying to setup my e682 with a connection to a rPi4. I have set the ip's on the Pi and added a subnet etc but I am having a problem setting the gateway on the e682. Has anyone have any instruction on how set/change the gateway on the e682. Thanks

ezellner

Full time elf
Are you able to connect to the E682 at all? Here's the link to the manual (for version 4 - http://sandevices.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/E682_Operating_Manual.pdf) if you don't have it. If you haven't updated to version 5, you should. The instructions for setting IP address are the same as version 4. Update info to version 5 is here (http://doityourselfchristmas.com/fo...-version-5-firmware-information-thread/page20). Go to the first post. The IP for the E682 needs to be on a different subnet than the Pi. Setting up the Pi so you can access the E682 can be tricky. Not sure you are having issues with that as well. Set the IP address for E682 by hooking it directly to your computer's router (or even directly to your computer) via cable. You won't be able to do it through the Pi. If none of this solves your issue, will need more specifics.

Jimmy

New elf
I can access the pi both wirelessly and with Ethernet. I can access the e682 via Ethernet from laptop directly or router. I want to run the e682 from the Pi. I can set the ip on the e682 but my understanding was that for it to talk back it needs a gateway for the subnet on the pi as well.
I am still trying to get the hang of this networking stuff.

Shane G

New elf
Generous elf
The gateway ip address will be that of your router/modem if your pie does not need internet you do'nt need a gateway watch that video again all info is there

Jimmy

New elf
I have been following this
The sixth step is what I am looking at but for the e682

ezellner

Full time elf
The sixth step is not required for the E682. The E682 just needs its IP address set to what ever you want it to be for your network and that's it. All the other network settings are in the Pi. The subsequent steps to route through the Pi to the E682 are critical. Make sure you use the /p parameter so the route stays persistent when you restart your computer. If you are still having issues, post copies of the FPP pages showing both eth0 and wlan0 settings.