E682 help

Discussion in 'DMX, E1.31 & Networking' started by Greg, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg New Elf

Newbie here, I just purchased a e682 and I am confused on how to set it up? I am using it for a 16 strip tree (Like a CR tree) and since the 682 has 16 outputs I want to connect each string to one output to avoid having to do power injection,

It will control 7 universes in Multicast but how do I spread out the 7 universe to the 16 outputs and set up in LOR? I have read the manual and am still confused.

Thanks in advance!

2. jcmarksafb

jcmarksafb Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona

First I would go unicast so you have all 12 universes available, how many pixels in each string?

3. OP
    OP
    Greg

Greg New Elf

4. barbotte

barbotte Apprentice Elf

ok i am no expert so bare with me ,,,, first did u open the page of sand device??? http://192.168.1.206/ is the default page when open you can select how many string per port ect ,,, most setting is all done with the sand device page even the testing ,,then u can play with LOR set up ,,, also make sure your controler is hook up to pc ect ,,,but no need LOR to play with it ....
    cheer

5. Crazydave

Crazydave New Elf

Step 1 . get the controller setup and running on your Ethernet network. (,do NOT plug the e682 into LOR USB485). It should be plugged into your network router,/switch

Step 2. Configure E682 for unicast , and setup e682 for the universe s

Step 3. Setup LOR network for the e682 ip address and universes uyou assigned

Step 4. Get vegomatic from itsmebob to import the channel configurations for your tree for the sequence editor

6. Crazydave

Crazydave New Elf

You should only need 5 universes. 5*510 = 2550 channels

2550 channels / 3 colors = 850 pixels. You have 12*50= 600 pixels

7. Crazydave

Crazydave New Elf

For each group on e682 you will start the next channel to be +1 of the prevoius ending channel