e682 issue

Shane L

New elf
Please help me. I have been trying to fix issue for 3 months now. My ws2811s will light up to the 15th bulb, after that i get nothing. I changed strands, still the same thing. I went to sandevice configuration board, ran test, all lights work. I checked my channel configuration on sequence software (SUPERSTAR) and everything looks right. I updated my configuration board, hoping it would help. Any help would be soooo appreciated. Thank you

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Shane L said:
Please help me. I have been trying to fix issue for 3 months now. My ws2811s will light up to the 15th bulb, after that i get nothing. I changed strands, still the same thing. I went to sandevice configuration board, ran test, all lights work. I checked my channel configuration on sequence software (SUPERSTAR) and everything looks right. I updated my configuration board, hoping it would help. Any help would be soooo appreciated. Thank you

Some screen shots of your e682 and sequencer config would greatly help here

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Can you post a pic or a link to a pic of the configuration page for the 682 board in question? I can't help with Superstar, but I'd like to see a pick of the conf. page.
John

Shane L

New elf
Here you go. The pics of the configuration page. Thank you

Attachments

• 0814141318.jpg
    0814141318.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 0814141318a.jpg
    0814141318a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

jcmarksafb

I am assuming that you have the board in unicast mode, and are using 2811 strips/strings and have them connected to output 1-1 of the 682. If you run test 15 and all lights chase in different colors, then your board is set up correctly. I run in unicast using an address of 192.168.1.206 which is the address the board comes with, you have a different ip address so you might be having a conflict with another device. I would download xlights/nutcracker and set it up for your board and test through xlights in the "test" tab of that software. If you can get it working with xlights, then your problem is in your superstar configuration. Hope this help.
John
Here is where you can get xlights ... download ver 03 04 09 http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/ it's pretty easy to set up your board and test. Most of us (at least a bunch LOL) use it to make effects and test our lights.

Shane L

New elf
Actually i have it set in multicast mode. That may be the problem, i will change it when i get home. Hopefully that is the problem, and yes they are 2811s. Thank you, ill post the results later.

jcmarksafb

LOL, I ment to say multicast, but as I said I use mine in unicast to get all 12 universes. It's a little easier (at least for me) to use unicast in xlights, as I know what the ip address is. Try test number 15 on the setup page of the 682 and see if all of your lights respond. If they do, then your 682 is set up right. Set your test back to 0 and proceed to xlights and test there. Xlights setup will be ... click on add E1.31 controller then click the unicast button and type in your ip address, in my case 192.168.1.206 ... starting univers = 1 ... number of universes = 1 ... Last channel = 510 (you can only 510 channels in a pixel universe or 170 pixels) click ok, and you will see your board set up for 1 universe. Then click test and test your pixels. If it works there then your problem is in Superstar. Good Luck.
John

Shane L

New elf
I am glad to say, all pixels are being controlled now. I am a pretty embarrassed to say what it was, it was operator error. Originally, i didnt have my layout on superstar correct, so when i did instant sequence, and exported it to sequence editor, it only transferred 45 channels, which is 15 x 3 rgb , so only 15 pixels lit up. Now the world is good. I want to thank everyone, who took the time out of there busy day to help me. Thank you