ECG-12S Won't Go into test mode.

doczod

New elf
Merry Christmas!,

I've got an ECG-12S that I've been trying to get working and there is nothing easy about this! I can talk to the board to get into the menu and adjust the settings on 10.10.10.10. So I go into the menu, make the changes, then reboot and the LED's on the board flash (seems like it's working), then when I try to talk to the board using DA_131, nothing. When I power the board up, the whole string lights up white (any universe). When I set DIP switch 4 (test pattern)up, then power the board, all the LED's turn on white but no pattern. I've got heartbeat and LED 4 is on.

I've got 5 volts and ground going to P00 and P13. I've got the jumper on K1 from 5V to +V. I'm using WS2811 5 volt strings.

Network setting = IP address 10.10.10.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
String Config = All strings set for WS2811, 1500 baud, ACT checked on all

Any idea's?

Thanks.

doczod

New elf
Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that I know I have the LED's connected properly because yesterday I could get a test pattern to work on Universe 1 and 12. I didn't play with the others. I could also get DA_131 to control the LED's but today, everything is Tango Uniform. The only thing I did was to play with my IP config stuff in my computers network. Is there a chance that I wacked the firmware?

doczod

New elf
Update: Looked at Megamason's post and he had his 2811's set to 3500 baud. Changed mine to 3500 and now I get the test pattern so I know the board is working and the LED's are connected properly. I still can't get DA_131 to talk though so I suspect I have something wrong in my network setup. Sure would be nice if this was easier. Although I really appreciate FastEddies ECG-P12 documentation, it would be real sweet if there was more info out there for us network non-experts! I thought putting up Christmas lights was supposed to be fun.

dale82

Senior elf
Hi doczod, Christmas lights are fun lol make sure that you set up DA_E1.31 with the correct universes and that it is set to your IP address. I would also check and make sure that you have ticked the E1.31 box to output to the lights in the controller settings and that you don't have your sequencer or any other E1.31 program running at the same time. I hope this helps

doczod

New elf
Thanks Dale82. I did all of that and I'm sick of guessing at the proper setup. The lack of decent documentation and support for this board has driven me crazy. I've got WAY too many hours invested in trying to set this thing up. I just put it up for sale and bought a Light-O-Rama board.