ECG-D2 Keep alive?

Wolfie

Full time elf
I have a ECG-D2 with 4 floods on Channel 1, nothing on Channel 2 yet. When the floods don't have a DMX signal, they go into test mode cycling colors. So if I plug them into power with no DMX cables attached, they go into demo/test mode.

I do have a terminator at the end of the DMX line.

As long as Vixen is running, it apparently sends out a heartbeat on the controller(s) that keeps the floods from going dormant. However, I shut off vixen during the night and it starts back up for the morning show, then off again until time to play evening show. Doing this through windows task scheduler. So, while vixen is off I obviously don't want the floods (3 30w and 1 100w) color cycling all day and all night eating up power and likely ticking off the neighbors.

Can anyone help with the correct settings on the D2 to keep the floods from going dormant? I enabled the keep alive settings. And yes, I have rebooted it several times.

Here is the settings page on the D2:

In case the image doesn't come through, here is the link:
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/0285grej7e

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
My D4's are for Dumb RGB and LOR CCR's so not sure if I can help.

However, I do have LOIP checked and currently my interval time is 500ms
I can only suggest playing with the interval timing. It seemed to help me a little bit.

In the long run, I will probably be looking at getting a DIYLEDExpress 6 port bridge as it seems to keep a signal present and I do not have issues with it timing out or having to reboot it nightly.

-Blu

Wolfie

Full time elf
BensChristmasLights said:
never and forever should be 0 and change interval to 30ms. give that a go

Will give it a go tonight when I get home from work.

Wish there were documentation on what these settings do or what LIOP means. Their lack of docs has been a thorn in my side since I bought their stuff.

Wolfie

Full time elf
BensChristmasLights said:
never and forever should be 0 and change interval to 30ms. give that a go

Reporting back in so others with the same issue will have more info.

I set it for 250ms with 0 and 0 for never and forever. The lights remain happily quiescent when no signal is sent to the D2.

Thank you.