ECG-D4 and D-light controller

beavis

New elf
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if D-Light controllers ever made their way over to Australia. Come to think of it, I'm not sure they were ever built for 240 volts, so maybe this is a total shot in the dark.

Anyway, last year I switched my D-Light ACx16 controllers over to DMX and ran them with my old D-Light serial adapter along with a new 27-channel 'dumb' dmx box to dip my does into color changing a bit.

It worked ok, but the output was a touch glitchy on the D-Light controllers. The DMX box seemed pretty flawless.

Anyway, this year I purchased an ECG-D4 to try to keep progressing toward full DMX, but now I'm having real issues with the D-Light controllers. Once running, the dumb DMX box seems to work fine again, but the d-light controllers are just randomly freaking out, seizure-inducing style.

Any ideas on where to start? Another problem with the D4 is that I seem to have to start my sequence running and then reboot the D4 to start sending a DMX signal, at which it seems to work, at least for awhile. I thought this was also strange, so I was wondering if maybe I'm missing some configuration item or something.

Any help, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Good luck trying to find the info.
The D-Light stuff may be freaking out because the D4 isn't really dmx compliant. The specified timing signals before the data don't match what the specs say they should be and depending on how critical the timing requirement is for the MAB and MBB timings on the D-Light it may be interpreting the data as jibberish. Or it could just be 1 of the many undocumented settings in the D4 that isn't playing nice.

beavis

New elf
Well darn it, that would be a waste.

I guess maybe I'll have to bail out and try to go back to the D-light serial adapter. Or at some point maybe I could separate them into separate universes and just use the serial for the remaining d-light devices.

Not sure if that would provide much benefit or not. Hope I find some use for the D4 someday at least.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
You might try playing with the setting a bit. My CCR's have issues with the D4 yet the AC controllers not so much.

I am using the setup as attached.

-Blu

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    95.7 KB · Views: 6