ECG-P12S vs P12R

Denny

New elf
I purchased a P12S to complement my P12R. I have used FastEddy's P12R manual to configure the new controller. Some features on the P12S are not addressed in the manual, so would like to confirm their settings/use. What are the Port and Strobe Configurations used for? Can they be left with the default settings if I plan to use the P12S as I have my older P12R?

Does the test function for the P12S work the same as the P12R? When I set DIP Switch 4 to the up position, I do not get the test sequence as shown on page 29 of the P12R manual. All I get is a steady on of all white pixels.

Finally, is there a P12S manual or some form of instructions on line somewhere. Can't find anything on the Joshua 1 website.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

i13

Dedicated elf
I don't own either of those controllers but the first thing I would suggest doing is updating the firmware on the P12S. The latest firmware version allows two universes of 2801 pixels per output (not sure if this is possible with 2811 yet).
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,7451.0.html

I don't believe there's an unofficial instruction set specifically for the P12S. Try asking in chat if you don't get the answers to your questions here.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
you also get 2 universes of dmx off the p12s that you do not have off the p12r and some other little differences but there is enough info on my site and in ACL that I will not ramble on about it here :D

Denny

New elf
Problem resolved. Ed at J1SYS recommended increasing the speed to 3000 from the default 750. That solved the issue. I didn't have the issue with the P12R, but I was using different pixels than I am for this matrix. According to Ed, the speed has to be 5x the actual speed for the clocking of the encoding. Hope this info helps someone else in the future.