ECG-P2 and xLights Trouble

Maniaman

New elf
Having trouble with my ECG-P2 and xLights.

Running 4 strings in a row, injecting power at both ends and in the middle. 5V 2811.

The pixels work as expected when running the ECG-P2 test pattern.

When running with xLights, channels 1-1024 works fine (univ 1 & 2), 1025-1364 are off, and 1365-1536 light up but the colors are offset.

Channels 1537 and above have a few random pixels lit but do not respond to xLights commands.

In the ECG-P2 String Stats page I see I am getting Univ Overruns, but I haven't been able to get the configuration set between the P2 and xLights where I don't get the overruns.

I'm stumped since they work fine with the test pattern but not with xLights.

Any thoughts as to what could be wrong?

Attachments

• xlights config.png
    xlights config.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 9
  • ecgp2 config.png
    ecgp2 config.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 10

Boof63

Senior elf
will l have a look at mysetup when I get home, but I think P2
isn't correct
How long are your strings?
P2 Strings should be 1 , 150 for each string (If length is 5m of 30/metre)
Also try speed down at 2400, I am 12volt but that works for me, so give it a try, even down to 1500.
Cant be any more help at the moment sorry
Cheers Boof

Maniaman

New elf
Kicked xLights channel counts down to 510 from 512. Still get universe overruns and colors on the second string are off with the 510 channel count in xLights. Still have the first chunk of string 3 out and all of string 4 out.

Maniaman

New elf
Solved! Had to set the Start Slot to 1 on all 4 strings/universes on the ECG-P2. Still getting a number of univ overruns, but I was able to chase 1 led from one end of the entire run to the other end and it worked great, and all of the lights are now responding correctly.