Ellis Command Centre Build

Ellis

Naughty Elf
I got started on my Command Centre Build today.

Thought I'd start a thread to document the process and also for all the silly questions I have along the way.

The location for the CC will be under my patio which is well away from the elements so I decided to use an old 2 door cupboard I had spare in the Garage.
The pigtails from the F16 will go out through the right hand side of the cupboard and power will go out the rear.

Will be adding another 2 PSUs, Pi, Network Switch and power board.

Also need to work out which FM Transmitter to get, any advice there would be great.

Attachments

• Photo 1-11-17, 3 50 09 pm.jpg
    Photo 1-11-17, 3 50 09 pm.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo 1-11-17, 3 51 40 pm.jpg
    Photo 1-11-17, 3 51 40 pm.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 82

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Something to keep in mind when building things like this is how easy it it to remove and replace an item (power supply, controller, etc).

For example, if the power supplies are screwed in from the rear, make sure that you can still get to them once the whole thing is mounted in it's final position.

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Thanks David, I had thought about that.

I'm cutting out sections at the rear to allow for access to any mounting points and cabling required

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Nice start. Don't forget about enclosure ventilation particularly with all the PSUs in one space. You'll definately need at least 1 fan to push hot air out from up high (and an input for airflow down low.)

wce06

Apprentice elf
Look forward to seeing the progress and how you do the wiring, I am particulary interested in the use of the terminal clamps for the GNDs. I Haven't used one yet but will look at tiding up my command centre and using these.