Entire property color wash

nato595

Let's do this!
I've seen a few videos and user GIF logos that seems to do an effect over the entire property, not just one prop. FastEddy has a user icon that looks like this.
How is this sequenced?? I use LOR Sequence Editor to program and copy in some sequences for a Megatree from Nutcracker, but everything else is manual. What is the best solution to do these amazing whole property effects?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You need a program that has the ability to map the location of your elements in your display which can then apply a chase across the whole display as a single group.
LSP and Xlights does this, not sure of any others

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Fasteddy said:
You need a program that has the ability to map the location of your elements in your display which can then apply a chase across the whole display as a single group.

Hopefully Vixen will also have this soon. It's being worked on now and I have used a concept of it but was very slow at rendering so it's being redone.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Vixen has been able to do this all the time.
It is just about putting the elements into folders and sub folders.
As in, I have one heading that is "All RGB", then in that 2 sub folders, called "house" and "yard" then withing those I have all of the elements.
All of the elements are on the preview, so the program knows where they are.
If I want a wash of everything, I apply the wash to "All RGB" If I only want it on the house obviously I just apply the feature to "house" and so on.
You can chase back and forth up and down and even get some weird effects by applying a nutcracker effect over the whole model.
Hope this helps.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence, you can get some weird effects. You can apply effects to the entire house however it will not display how it should. It's different for different effects but take the wipe effect for example the effect will move across the entire house, because it uses location properties, however if you use say the bars or video effects and add this to the house or group it will not perform as expected like it does on a matrix. So yes some effects will appear to work but it's the other effects that many users want to apply to the entire house or group that need the location option.

Phrog30

New elf
gnarmstr said:
Fasteddy said:

Hopefully Vixen will also have this soon. It's being worked on now and I have used a concept of it but was very slow at rendering so it's being redone.
I'm surprised this wasn't a higher priority. In my opinion, it's one of the most important features. I hope you guys get it working on future releases.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Phrog30 said:
gnarmstr said:
Fasteddy said:

I'm surprised this wasn't a higher priority. In my opinion, it's one of the most important features. I hope you guys get it working on future releases.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there is only the two of us that are actively coding Vixen and we have had many other higher priority tasks to do. When Vixen 3.3 is finally released you will see in the notes that there has been an enormous amount of work done. We also have our own shows to do but Jeff may get time to complete the Location before the main release or maybe in 3.3u1.