F amps - Maximum distance between controller and first pixel?

Peter uzz

New elf
Hi all
I am new to pixel lights have 1000 lights and another 2000 comming probley won't use all of them this year but you know how it is. I onley have 1 falcon 16 controller so I won't be able to put in right next to all my displays , roof line, star for a big tree in my fount yard, some miny trees and some other wire frame that I redoing with pixels. So how far can I run a lead from my controller to the first pixel and if I use a famp where do I get them, where do they go in the feed wire and how mutch will that extend the distance. Thanks in advance for the help

Katekate

Senior elf
1. It depends.
2. Many vendors have them.
3. get them with connectors already on, you can just plug them in.

darylc

404 darylc not found

(in stock in AU, prices in USD).

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The distance from controller to the first pixel should be able to be about 10m and from pixel to pixel a theoretical maximum of about the same distance. The actual distances that you get will depend on how electrically noisy the environment is and the type and placement of the cables.
They aren't Falcon F-amps but my null pixel buffers are essentially the same thing and come in 3 types and my Power8 power distro has 1 built in especially for when you are breaking off to go a longer distance to the next prop. Using my nulls you can go in excess of 30m from pixel to pixel or controller to pixel. You can add another every 30m if you really need to and you can essentially go any distance.

Peter uzz

New elf
The distance from controller to the first pixel should be able to be about 10m and from pixel to pixel a theoretical maximum of about the same distance. The actual distances that you get will depend on how electrically noisy the environment is and the type and placement of the cables.
They aren't Falcon F-amps but my null pixel buffers are essentially the same thing and come in 3 types and my Power8 power distro has 1 built in especially for when you are breaking off to go a longer distance to the next prop. Using my nulls you can go in excess of 30m from pixel to pixel or controller to pixel. You can add another every 30m if you really need to and you can essentially go any distance.
Thanks for the help I ordered some stuff earlier in the day but I will keep Hanson electronics in mind for my next order will need heaps more for next year's display

Reactions: AAH