f16v2 question

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
As there is no actual forum here for the f16v2 controller . Will ask here . On our new f16v2 recieved yesterday excited already playing with him :D each pixel port is capable of 680 pixels and im planning on running 600 per port 4 5m lengths on each and will need to power inject obviously each port is fused on the board with a 5 amp fuse should I look at increasing size of fuse as each string is looking at consuming 11 amps roughly or will my power injection reduce the flow enough looking at injecting at end of every 10 m as zig zagging on mega tree and injecting at bottom of tree . Rather not touch but just thinking should I increase to 7.5 or 10 amp fuse ? Thx for any help or advice in advance

darylc

404 darylc not found
5 amp fuse is the most it can take - the green connectors are only rated to 5 amps. You'll need to inject enough such that not more than 5 amps is drawn direcly from the port.

the grinch

Ok thx daryl thought should ask as other boards have needed to change according ly like mega 60 etc once again thx thats the first of hopefully not too many questions lol as not a huge amount of info on this site re f16v2

the grinch

Yes another question is the cable tie over the e131 port necessary as per instructions

darylc

404 darylc not found
the grinch said:
Yes another question is the cable tie over the e131 port necessary

i would - it is easy for it to pop partially out when inserting the cable.

scamper

Dedicated elf
The cable tie is for security. ie if you had preasure on the lead, it could pull the plug out. Just do it and if you need to remove it, just cut and install new one.

For other info pop over to http://falconchristmas.com/forum/ There is a lot of info there.
Make sure you have a cupa and some spare time to sift through it all though :)

the grinch

Yes thx scamp will do have looked over there shall register myself as a member there also