F16V4 Port 11 not working

rossg10

New elf
When the show came on last night port 11 didn't light up. The lights work when switched to another port. The fuse light is still on. It was pre built from Falcon and I haven't touched anything inside.

Any idea? I don't even know how to trouble shoot?

Thanks

TerryK

Retired Elf
Several things to check:

Is that port's connector not completely seated on the controller?
Has a wire loosened in that port's connector?
Is the external male/female connector fully connected and pins all right (not bent, etc.)?
And last, any possibility that configuration has changed?

rossg10

New elf
Male/female connector is good.
Its started to rain so I will check the connections in the box when it stops.
I have no idea about the configuration. I didn't change anything.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
It's also possible to swap the pigtail on 11 with either 9 or 13. That would rule out the pigtail possibly going bad also.

rossg10

New elf
It's also possible to swap the pigtail on 11 with either 9 or 13. That would rule out the pigtail possibly going bad also.
I can try that.. why 9 or 13 though and not 10 or 12? Is there something significant there?

rossg10

New elf
I went to swap the plug in side the controller with 13 and when i touched 11... the red wire popped right out. Reseated it and it works. Thanks!

rossg10

New elf
Several things to check:

Is that port's connector not completely seated on the controller?
Has a wire loosened in that port's connector?
Is the external male/female connector fully connected and pins all right (not bent, etc.)?
And last, any possibility that configuration has changed?
I barely touched the plug inside the controller and the red wire on 11 popped right out. Fixed and all is good in the world. Thank you for the help!

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
I can try that.. why 9 or 13 though and not 10 or 12? Is there something significant there?
Nothing significant but 9 and 13 are just left and right of 11 is all. I thought it might have just been easier to move the plug left or right instead or trying to move it up. It was just an ease of use suggestion is all.

Glad you have it sorted out!

rossg10

New elf
Nothing significant but 9 and 13 are just left and right of 11 is all. I thought it might have just been easier to move the plug left or right instead or trying to move it up. It was just an ease of use suggestion is all.

Glad you have it sorted out!
It would have been easier to move it up had i had to do that. Thanks for the suggestion.