F4V3 Diff Expansion Board

ejryan14

New elf
Hi All,

I posted this to the Falcon Forum but have not had any responses. I have a Falcon F4V3 and have recently purchased the Diff Expansion board and 2 Diff receivers. Does this give me any additional channels or am I still limited to the original ~4000 pixels? Also, does anyone know how many pixels can be run off the Differential Receivers?

TerryK

Retired Elf
Below is a copy/paste pulled from the Falcon's F16 Manual. The F4 I believe works the same, that is the boards pixel limitation is shared amongst all of its ports, normal and/or expansion. I would need to search for it but as I recall, Jeff of Canispater Christmas (YouTube) did a video of adding an expansion to a Falcon controller and explained some of this.

"The Main Board and Expansion Boards share the 1024 pixels per port and the amount for each board is configurable from Web Page Interface (See Section 4.2.4.2)."

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
The F4 is unique in that it uses the same processor as the F16, so it's capable of handling far more than 4 strands of 1024, so my understanding is that Katekate is correct and, with expansion boards, it can run 12 strands of 1024 (fewer if you want to run 40FPS). From the manual here:
"The F4v3 supports a maximum of 1024 pixels per output port. On the F4v3 this limit is the same with or without an expansion board being used."

ejryan14

New elf
Below is a copy/paste pulled from the Falcon's F16 Manual. The F4 I believe works the same, that is the boards pixel limitation is shared amongst all of its ports, normal and/or expansion. I would need to search for it but as I recall, Jeff of Canispater Christmas (YouTube) did a video of adding an expansion to a Falcon controller and explained some of this.

"The Main Board and Expansion Boards share the 1024 pixels per port and the amount for each board is configurable from Web Page Interface (See Section 4.2.4.2)."
Thanks. I will look for that video.