Fading or Chasing across multiple controllers in LSP

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all,

I have ten pixel trees that I've pretty much given up on sequencing using the fancy layers/macros/transitions of LSP (for this year anyway). Each tree has twelve rows of branches and I'd still like to sequence, by the grid, some top to bottom & bottom to top fades. I came up with the bright idea of creating twelve controllers/elements for each tree where one controller/element contains all of the pixel channels from a particular branch level. I figured, by the grid, that I'd be able to create a chase across the controller/elements like I was able to do in LOR 3.9 using "channel groups" or whatever they call 'em in LOR 3.9. Most of the helpful videos I've seen focus heavily on either sequencing by the layers or how to do chases, fades, etc within ONE controller or element's channels (for instance having a pixel arch as an element and how you chase the light across that pixel string).

So my question is, is it unreasonable to think about wanting to chase, by the grid, across multiple elements? I tried it and it definitely doesn't behave the same as chasing within a single element. For instance, I tried to create a two interval ramp down, right clicked, selected copy, remove the effect, did the SHIFT+drag to create a chase using that effect... and it just pasted them all straight down.. however if I did the same thing with a single interval ramp down effect, I could get the SHIFT+drag command to do a great chase...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I want to know why you have given up using macros for this as macros will give you the smooth chase you are looking for across all the elements

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hi Eddy,

I have only given up on the macros for the twig trees, not for the rest of my display. The reason for giving up on the twig tree macro sequencing is that, after 4-5 posts between here and the LSP forum, I haven't been able to come up with a solution to drawing this unique shape in the visualizer. I am sending this from my phone, so I can't find and link my original twig tree post that has a video link of how I quickly sequenced this tree in LOR 3.9 before I bought LSP. Top to bottom and bottom to top chases were very easy to setup.

Am i correct that, in order to use macros with the layers, you have to have drawn a shape in the visualizer? If so, then that is where my problem lies. I have spent probably 30-40 hours over the last two months trying out ideas and suggestions on how to draw a 12 horizontal branch row tree and nothing I've done has worked.

I'm very open for suggestions.

Thanks

Louie