Falcon Controller - Reverse String

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
Hi,
I just want to clarify what the reverse checkbox does in the setup of the falcon controller (cant remember what page it is on, and I dont have it here to check). My setup is as per the attached picArches - Data Centre.jpg
The left side arches and the right side arches (data) are fed from a differential receiver and are therefore from 2 different outputs. Because the 'controller' is in the centre the right side arches are 'normal' (data left to right), but the left side is backward.

Can I set it up in xlights as 2 sets of 4 arches ordered from left to right, and for the right side setup in the falcon check the 'reverse' checkbox so the controller reverses the data order and outputs it the correct way around?

I have so far not done this, but I have found it somewhat difficult to do chases and such across the whole lot as 1 big group. I assume the backward nature of the left side arches is the problem here.

Thanks for your replies :)
Kimbo

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Because unless it needs to be a virtual string then almost certainly xlights can do it. And if it can it is one less thing to distribute settings for and it means if/when you want to use upload to controller it will just work. Doing it on the controller becomes one more setting you have to move when you eventually move it or replace the controller. It's not about it not working ..: it will just in the future it will end up being more work to manage.

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
I would recommend reversing it in your sequencer rather than your controller.
Ok, So Ive looked through the settings in xlights under the sequence tab, and not sure how to do this..?
Could someone possibly steer me in the right direction or point me toward a tutorial or something I can look at..

Thanks

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.