Closed Falcon F16v2 E1.31 pixel controller Buy 2015 #2 - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Aug 30, 2015

darylc

404 darylc not found
Hi Everyone,

I'm told that the boards are on their way from the board house to me. Once they arrive I can start the testing & packaging process.

As far as shipping goes, shipping costs are as per below:

For those in Adelaide: I assume you will arrange to pick up unless you ask me to post
For those in Australia, postage will be via 3kg Express Post bag and cost AU$15 including paypal fees
For those in New Zealand, postage is TBA.

Please include an accurate shipping address in your paypal transaction.

Daryl

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Thanks for the update Daryl

Take your time with mine as I have plenty of projects to keep me occupied for some time

Stuart

gerry

Senior elf
Hi daryl,

I have not watched any of the videos or read the threads as yet, but is there anything else I need to order , that I should be doing now. I don't mean pigtails or stuff like that, but any other connectors or pins or special cables or hdmi cable etc like we did for the Octoscroller ?

darylc

404 darylc not found
gerry said:
I have not watched any of the videos or read the threads as yet, but is there anything else I need to order , that I should be doing now. I don't mean pigtails or stuff like that, but any other connectors or pins or special cables or hdmi cable etc like we did for the Octoscroller ?

Hi Gerry,

The only thing you may need (although most people have it lying around) is a micro USB cable for upgrading the firmware in the future.

Daryl

JonB256

Full time elf
If Falcon releases a required update of the PIC bootloader, you will need a PICIT3 programmer.

The bootloader is what currently allows you to update with just that micro-usb cable. When Ethernet update arrives, it will likely need that new bootloader update.

Habbosrus

Back again
JonB256 said:
If Falcon releases a required update of the PIC bootloader, you will need a PICIT3 programmer.

The bootloader is what currently allows you to update with just that micro-usb cable. When Ethernet update arrives, it will likely need that new bootloader update.
I don't pretend to understand how these things work exactly, but just wondering if the pickit3 programmer is a worthwhile investment? Are the boot loaders that these reprogram replaceable? I had a little chip/controller fail on a E6804 and Jim sent a new one. Is this the same sort of thing? I'm just curious, not questioning things. If it's a worthwhile investment for future updates, etc. I'll look into investing. Or would/could we buy new boot loaders with the update already installed?
I found this on on good old eBay PICKit3.

JonB256

Full time elf
First, the E6804 uses a different chip (Parallax, Propeller) than the Falcon products (Microchip). The Pickit3 is for Microchip.

IF you needed to write a new bootloader to the F16v2, you would need to use a Pickit3 or send it to some who has one. Notice, I did say IF. Hasn't been needed yet except for some Beta testing.

gerry

Senior elf
Thanks Daryl, Jon,

Micro USB I have.

(I asked because for the PI and BBB) - I made numerous trips out for SD cards, Micro SD cards , HDMI cable and micro HDMI cables . Its amazing how impatient one gets after something new arrives and u find something small missing that u don't have :)

Edit: Postage payment sent

Habbosrus

Back again
JonB256 said:
First, the E6804 uses a different chip (Parallax, Propeller) than the Falcon products (Microchip). The Pickit3 is for Microchip.

IF you needed to write a new bootloader to the F16v2, you would need to use a Pickit3 or send it to some who has one. Notice, I did say IF. Hasn't been needed yet except for some Beta testing.
Thanks for the insight Jon. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.