Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Aug 30, 2015

scamper

Dedicated elf
darylc said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm told that the boards are on their way from the board house to me. Once they arrive I can start the testing & packaging process.

As far as shipping goes, shipping costs are as per below:

For those in Adelaide: I assume you will arrange to pick up unless you ask me to post
For those in Australia, postage will be via 3kg Express Post bag and cost AU$15 including paypal fees
For those in New Zealand, postage is TBA.

Please include an accurate shipping address in your paypal transaction.

Daryl

Paid, and once again thanks.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
JonB256 said:
If Falcon releases a required update of the PIC bootloader, you will need a PICIT3 programmer.

The bootloader is what currently allows you to update with just that micro-usb cable. When Ethernet update arrives, it will likely need that new bootloader update.

Jon; i just had a discussion with Dave. Here is the deal

1) The normal firmware updates to the FPGA, uprocessor can be done with the mini usb cable.
This will probably be 95% of all updates
2) Dave has no plans to change the boot loader this year. So no pickit 3 is needed for 2015.
3) Long range, you dont need a pickit 3 since Dave plans on making it so he can modify the bootloader through the mini usb cable. If this update failed for any reason then a pickit 3 would be needed. With over 200 boards sold Dave doesnt want people to have to purchase a pickit 3. If you have other boards then the pickit 3 would be needed. I appreciate the work Dave is doing to make the updates smooth. I updated v16 v2's a week ago, worked flawlessly.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Wow, even I surprised myself - Blinking Lights in under an hour - setup at work running over my normal network and figured out how to make a sequence, connect to F16v2 via network and program channels, upload sequence to the falcon player, set a trigger to fire a script, script runs sequence on one string. Result - flashing blinking lights.

can someone explain to me whether making the universes 510 or 512 matters, i had read somewhere it counted so I have made it 510 but what does this effect?

Also if I need to add a null pixel to extend the lead distance does this actually have to be addressed or does it work just having it in the wiring?

scamper

Dedicated elf
Received today. thanks.
I will give it a test in the next few days, but at this stage it is just a backup.... Because I am greedy :)

Habbosrus

Back again
Received mine Tuesday. Thanks Daryl. I got it hooked up with ease. I did experience a couple of issues, but will post these elsewhere as I'm not sure this thread is the correct place.

gerry

Senior elf
Richie4540 said:
Wow, even I surprised myself - Blinking Lights in under an hour - setup at work running over my normal network and figured out how to make a sequence, connect to F16v2 via network and program channels, upload sequence to the falcon player, set a trigger to fire a script, script runs sequence on one string. Result - flashing blinking lights.
Hi Richie,
What did you use as a setup guide ? I have seen 2 -3 videos from Alan Dahl , that I need to find again.
May set it up this weekend as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.