Falcon F16v2 E1.31 pixel controller

darylc

404 darylc not found
Hi All,

David Pitts has asked if we want to participate in his next bulk buy.

I wanted to get a feel for interest and potential quantities before deciding if I will get involved again this early or wait until mid 2016.

I imagine but cannot commit that pricing would be similar to the last buy.
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,7750.0.html

If you are seriously interested can you please indicate quantities of the main board and the expansion board?

Thanks,
Daryl

Pricing is TBA

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
hi Daryl
Planning a matrix next year so i'll need something to drive it, so i'm a possible, 1 main + 1 exp
cheers Fing

scamper

Dedicated elf
At this stage I don't require another.
But if there is anyone newbies or otherwise that are considering their options, I can 100% vouch for this board.
You can do away with any other dmx dongle etc as you can run your computer or Pi straight into this and run pixels or dumb strips out. It is the best thing since sliced bread.
Jump on it I say!

kit-808

New elf
just starting out so would say 1 of each at least for sure, need something to run my show :)

ozstickman

New elf
Can I go down as a maybe for main board and piggies back board. This is th board I'm thinking of using for my pixel strips for my first setup.

Just need to make sure it's suitable. But I did watch a video about long distance from controller to strips and I think this will work for me.

i13

Dedicated elf
ozstickman said:
Can I go down as a maybe for main board and piggies back board. This is th board I'm thinking of using for my pixel strips for my first setup.

Just need to make sure it's suitable. But I did watch a video about long distance from controller to strips and I think this will work for me.
If you use WS2811 or WS2812B pixels then coaxial cable between the controller and lights will let you have very long distances between the controller and first pixel. It works with the F16v2 but not some other controllers.
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,7485.0.html

ozstickman

New elf
i13 said:
ozstickman said:

If you use WS2811 or WS2812B pixels then coaxial cable between the controller and lights will let you have very long distances between the controller and first pixel. It works with the F16v2 but not some other controllers.
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,7485.0.html

Cheers. I'm not looking a extremely long distances. Maybe 10m.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Could I please get a brief overview as to what makes these boards so appealing? What advantages does it have over say J1SysP2 that I'm currently running?