Falcon Pi Player

Wayne Smith

New elf
Hi all that are reading this post and thanks for assisting if your able to.
I recently bought a new Raspberry pi 3 B+ that I am trying to install falcon pi player on. I have the software installed with no issues however when I boot the device and enter the login details of fpp and falcon I then get a message saying "Wi-Fi is disabled because the country is not set. Use raspi-config to set the country before use." so I use sudo raspi-config to access the setup file and then enter the network settings under N2 which asks for the country, ssid and passphrase if any. So I enter the country as Australia AU then the ssid and what I believe to be the passphrase (I have left this field blank on several attempts) then I click finish and reboot the pi just to have the same thing come up again. What am I doing wrong that is causing the pi to not accept the information I am entering ?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What version of FPP are you using? I believe that there was a significant change to FPP2.2 which was for wifi networks and also for networks that aren't broadcasting their SSID.

Wayne Smith

New elf
What version of FPP are you using? I believe that there was a significant change to FPP2.2 which was for wifi networks and also for networks that aren't broadcasting their SSID.
The version of FPP I am using is 2.1. I looked at getting 2.2 but this is on the GitHub site for 2.2 NOTE: there was a problem with the Pi image... A new image should be up shortly.

Kitman

Full time elf
You need to be using the web interface to configure all of the network setting's using the command line to edit the files will result in the files be overwritten on reboot.

Wayne Smith

New elf
You need to be using the web interface to configure all of the network setting's using the command line to edit the files will result in the files be overwritten on reboot.
What do you believe would be the best web interface to use?

Wayne Smith

New elf
Canister Christmas is where I am getting all my knowledge from, however my raspberry pi / fpp does not boot into the fpp as it is not accepting all the configuration settings I am entering, hench the reason behind this post

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It sounds like you're using a monitor and keyboard attached to the Pi. If you use a pc/laptop connector to the Pi via the router and use Firefox.Chrome etc to login via http://fpp or via the IP that it announces (or comes onto the screen if connected) then you should get to the usual Falcon Player web page.

Phil George

New elf
I had the same problem with my Pi3+.
"Wi-Fi is disabled because the country is not set. Use raspi-config to set the country before use."
Seems to be a standard splash screen for the falcon install, means nothing.
My pi works fine on WiFi. Disconnect the ehternet cable. Reboot the pi and scan your network for the IP address. It should work fine.
I use the App, Fing works on the PC and smatphone.
You can find it here. https://www.fing.io/fingkit-sdk-downloads/desktop/

Kitman

Full time elf
What do you believe would be the best web interface to use?
Hey Wayne, with the raspberry pi plugged into your ethernet network you can browse to the device via another computer, that will bring up the standard Falcon Pi Player web interface page where you can configure all of the settings. I also started configuring manually and stuff just wasn't saving or working after using the standard web interface it all works. I have 6 Raspberry Pi's setup all on wireless for my light display, all working together with 1 master and 5 slaves.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.